[GPSCC-chat] agenda item - open letter to the Green Party

Cameron L. Spitzer cls at truffula.sj.ca.us
Fri Feb 4 14:47:06 PST 2011

I ignored Joe Giambrone's message at the time because

1.  It was addressed to a very large number of addresses

2.  He claimed to have tried very hard to volunteer to
    work on unspecified GP web sites, but I'd never
    heard from him before that broadcast

3.  It wasn't clear which domain he was talking about

4.  It was of the form "I hereby volunteer somebody else
    to do a whole lot of work"

5.  I was already dealing with a similar effort directed
    against cagreens.org by a person whose similar effort
    against gp.org had had the effect of driving gp.org's
    IT volunteers away several years earlier.

6.  Joe advocates the use of corporate-proprietary software
    tools while truly free alternatives to those tools
    are readily available.

So, that's some context for you.

-Cameron