[GPSCC-chat] [Fwd: Green Meeting this evening! 7ish meeting PeaceCenter.]

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at structuremonitoring.com
Thu Feb 24 20:31:41 PST 2011

On 2/24/2011 5:07 PM, Tian Harter wrote:
> This is the agenda I'm bringing ten copies of to the meeting:
>
> Green Party meeting, Thursday February 24th, 2011
>
> Pick facilitator:  Tian
>
> Pick note taker:  Spencer
>
> Pick vibes watcher:  Werner.
>
> Pick time keeper:  Caroline.
>
> Pick Agenda preparer for next time:  Tian.
>
> Go round of introductions:  Jim Stauffer, Werner, Caroline, Tian,
> Spencer.
>
> Revise and or approve agenda:
>
>   Treasurer's Report: (2 min.)
>   December  Holiday Peace Fair  $50 received  $45 paid for the table
>   January  pass the hat $28
>   $2,735.59 in the bank as of 1-31-2011
>
> In summary
>   Long term plans
>   Budget
>
> Tabling stuff in Caroline's garage (1 min.):
Caroline has a huge filing cabinet plus a suitcase for tabling plus the
button machine & related equipment & "swag" = rocks, t-shirts, ... .
Caroline would like more people to have a "tabling kit".  Caroline
thinks it is NOT good for all the stuff to be in one place.

Maybe a party for making tabling kits?  Caroline will email around to
recruit people.

Tian suggests a county wide voter registration drive to give a prize ...
.  Tian will add this to the agenda for next month.

> Regional Rep job opening (10 min.)

Jim Stauffer:  Next month we will have an election for regional reps.
We need two people.  Werner volunteered.  Jim prefers to have the second
be someone from San Mateo county.

Roy Nordbloom has also volunteered.  However, he has not spent much time
in the past with the Green party.

Spencer has also volunteered.

Proposed:  Werner is the candidate for the regional rep.  Spencer and
Roy will run for the alternate, with the understanding that the winner
will resign if San Mateo elects a regional rep.  Jim Stauffer is on
their email list.  The list seems to be more active than the group.

#######################

Jim Stauffer's strategy meeting (5 min.):  Jim is working on a report
summarizing the discussion last Saturday.  Werner suggests Jim post his
report to the local Green Discuss list while simultaneously submitting
it to the state.  Jim will also post it on the Wiki and circulating the
URL to the Wiki.

Spencer volunteered to prepare a tutorial on inputting a Wiki.

Proposed (Jim Doyle) :  "Explicit long term goals with associated
development of plans for achieving those long term goals be on the
agenda.  Budget, namely, not how much, but what for?    Well, yes, make
some estimates on the amounts."  (10 min.)

In brief, this seems to be a request for a planning session for detailed
actions to achieve the goals in Jim Stauffer's meeting last Saturday.

Werner will post to the Green Discuss list a request for people to bring
their proposed Green party activities for the next meeting to initiate
planning for the rest of the year.  Werner will also send an email to
Jim Doyle to ask him to clarify what he intended in proposing this topic
for the agenda.

--
Spencer Graves, PE, PhD
President and Chief Operating Officer