[GPSCC-chat] Meeting Minutes [WAS: Green Meeting this evening! 7ish meeting PeaceCenter.]

Jim Stauffer jims at greens.org
Sat Feb 26 15:48:16 PST 2011

There's a couple entries I'd like changed, as they're inappropriately
personalized to me.

Corrections inline below.

Jim

P.S. Warner's name is not spelled "Werner."

On 2/24/2011 8:31 PM, Spencer Graves wrote:

>> Regional Rep job opening (10 min.)
>
> Jim Stauffer: Next month we will have an election for regional reps. We need
> two people. Werner volunteered. Jim prefers to have the second be someone from
> San Mateo county.

This is not a preference of mine. It was generally agreed when this two-county
region was formed that we would strive for a Rep from one county and an Alt
Rep from the other county.

> Roy Nordbloom has also volunteered. However, he has not spent much time in the
> past with the Green party.
>
> Spencer has also volunteered.
>
> Proposed: Werner is the candidate for the regional rep. Spencer and Roy will
> run for the alternate, with the understanding that the winner will resign if
> San Mateo elects a regional rep. Jim Stauffer is on their email list. The list
> seems to be more active than the group.

Please remove that last sentence (or two). It sounds demeaning, and I don't
believe that is what I said.

> Jim Stauffer's strategy meeting (5 min.): Jim is working on a report
> summarizing the discussion last Saturday. Werner suggests Jim post his report
> to the local Green Discuss list while simultaneously submitting it to the
> state. Jim will also post it on the Wiki and circulating the URL to the Wiki.

That was not MY strategy meeting. It was a Green Party event that I organized.
Tian constantly referred to it as "Jim's strategy meeting" during last
Thursday's meeting, along with his other snipes and complaints. He makes these
statements derogatorily, as is his habit to complain about everything I do. I
don't think we need his childish comments enshrined in the meeting minutes.