[GPSCC-chat] Fwd: Declare Your Independence from Corporate Politics!

Gerry Gras gerrygras at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 4 09:13:13 PDT 2011

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Declare Your Independence from Corporate Politics!
Date: 	Mon, 4 Jul 2011 11:49:59 -0400 (EDT)
From: 	Green Party of the United States <gpinfo at gp.org>
To: 	santaclara at cagreens.org

Back to GP.org
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=LfBTcqUjg3vKg4ZCttoznOTnxFGUfLla>

Green Party
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Tzsj4NaVpT%2BBi8WvnrMebeTnxFGUfLla>

Give to the Green Party
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=%2FoL4%2Fnm11NDd8SKh57jgfeTnxFGUfLla>

Dear Friends,

235 years ago today, the United States of America declared its
independence from a tyrannical government and started the long process
of breaking free from dominance of the many by the privileged few. Just
over a decade ago, the Green Party of the United States declared its
independence from politics ruled by the dominance of a privileged few
wealthy corporate donors over many everyday Americans.

The Green Party continues the long process of creating an independent
politics and we need your support more than ever. Can you support us
with a contribution today?
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=QDow%2F0oFbykkHsAA998VPuTnxFGUfLla>

Last year, we ran over 350 candidates for local, state, and federal
office and elected almost 50 of them. We are gathering resources for
federal campaigns in 2012 while we are helping promote the fifty
candidates who have declared their campaigns so far in 2011. These
candidates have all declared their independence from corporate machine
politics. We need your time, your skills, and your financial support to
help promote our message nation-wide.

In early 2010, our mission of promoting people-powered campaigns was
dealt a blow by the Supreme Court's decision in the Citizens United
case, which made it legal for corporations to spend unlimited amounts on
political advertising. This year, federal courts have expanded that
ruling to allow corporations to not only spend on their own ad
campaigns, but to make contibutions directly to federal candidates.
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=rCKjGm4WR0ArY9AOM4vbseTnxFGUfLla>

It has never been tougher to promote the non-corporate, grassroots
politics to which the Green Party is dedicated. We need your support now
to show that Americans want to declare their independence from corporate
politics and support candidates who aren't bought and paid for by the
very companies and industries they have been elected to regulate.

Please take a moment from your Independence Day celebrations today and
support the Green Party however you can.
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=W45KmsIISI3dN9pwrMw9veTnxFGUfLla>

Have a happy Fourth of July, and thank you for your support of the Green
Party!

Support the Green Party!

Contribute today
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=wLSEqwGfhkoFVcKrkHb%2BiuTnxFGUfLla>.

A Greener future is within our reach. Your donation today can help us
bring the vision we share a little closer to reality.

You can sustain the Green Party by making a monthly contribution here
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=lqDLB3hTt6JVZfdeXxr2V%2BTnxFGUfLla>.

Spread our message by joining us on Facebook
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=TMA2pQGAKEeqh%2FfLPKRLbOTnxFGUfLla>

and Twitter
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=ZSUmP%2BYCiaomMgc2uZ5%2BM%2BTnxFGUfLla>.

Thank you!