[GPSCC-chat] Fwd: Declare Your Independence from Corporate Politics!

Cameron L. Spitzer cls at truffula.sj.ca.us
Mon Jul 4 09:52:51 PDT 2011

Gerry forwarded one of GP-US' frequent broadcast emails here.
I receive three copies of those.  I never signed up for them.
One of the three is sent to an address that's reserved for
business contacts, and never ever signs up for mailing lists
of any kind.  Those three messages are unsolicited broadcast email.
Unsolicited broadcast email, also known as email spam,
also known as network abuse, is illegal in the EU and Australia.
It's legal here because the junk mail lobby working through its
sock puppets at the ACLU convinced Zoe "The Moron" Lofgren
that network abuse is "free speech."

GP-US uses spammer-for-hire Democracy In Action ("Dems Inaction")
to broadcast its network abuse.  Democracy In Action's biggest
customer, as far as I know, is the Barbara Boxer for Senate
campaign.  They also send postal junk mail.
Dems Inaction is a good choice for political network abuse
because of its politically powerful customers.  Even consumer
entertainment services (AOL etc) block chronic network abusers,
but they'll think twice about blocking network abuse by
a US Senator.

When she became an officer of the GP-US, Marnie Glickman
brought Dems Inaction into the GP-US and pushed out its
IT volunteers who were opposed to network abuse.

What do you suppose would happen if the Boxer campaign called
up Dems Inaction and asked them what they're doing working
for the Green Party?

This morning I also received three Tea Party or Libertarian
spams.  Spamming is widely understood to be theft and
trespass, which are rather antithetical to Libertarian
principles.  (Compuserve v. Cyber Promotions, "trespass to chattels.")
But Libertarian ideals are suspended when it comes to getting
out the valuable offers, er, business opportunities, er,
important political message.  I guess Green ideals are, too.

McAfee marketing tried to quantify the greenhouse gas
impact of spam, but its report understates the environmental cost
of inbound email analysis.  Not surprising, they sell
email analysis software.  It's still an interesting read.
http://img.en25.com/Web/McAfee/CarbonFootprint_12pg_web_REV_NA.pdf

-Cameron in San Jose