[GPSCC-chat] Rebuild the American Dream

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Mon Jul 4 16:29:52 PDT 2011

I agree with Cameron:  Someone or something has exposed this email list
to spam.  Are they trying to destroy the Green party in California, to
drive some out and capture others for moveon.org or something else?

       1.  We need to identify clearly the source of this spam and
terminate it -- organizationally, not by asking Cameron and others in
our IT team to create yet another filter for it.  Cameron indicated this
is a product of Marnie's actions.  I think we need to make sure that's
the case before we proceed further.

       2.  If this change resulted from Marnie's actions, I think we
need a resolution on the agenda for the next meeting of the Santa Clara
County Greens to the effect that the contract negotiated with Marnie
violated the principles of the Green party, the sentiments expressed by
our delegates at the recent plenary (or whatever it was), and explicit
instructions that our delegates gave.  We need to do what we can to
limit Marnie's activities to those for which there was universal
consensus.  Beyond that, we need an effort to poll the other Green party
organizations in California on (a) how they feel about the activities of
Marnie Glickman, (b) what they think of the contract recently negotiated
with Marnie, (c) how they feel about the process by which that contract
was proposed and staffed within the California Green party organization,
and (d) what if anything they think would be appropriate action.

       Spencer

--
Spencer Graves, PE, PhD
President and Chief Operating Officer