[GPSCC-chat] GP Green Fest

Jim Doyle j.m.doyle at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 25 18:47:33 PDT 2011

>From gpinfo at gp.org

Join us for New York Green Fest and Green Party Annual National Meeting,
August 5-7, 2011 on the campus of Alfred University, Alfred, NY

For all the details, check out the New York Green Fest's website here.
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=9bmW8QyaVRRMtQp2aoh7333cHbyTQAXv>

It is not enough to oppose toxic drilling and injustice, we need
alternatives.
The most difficult questions of sustainability are not about technology;
they are
about implementing our values. At the
 New York Green Fest and Green Party Annual National Meeting
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=OMpUhSpJkzzg%2BZVA2OtXfX3cHbyTQAXv>

we will explore the politics that enable us to live in a sustainable world.

For NY Green Fest 2011, Greens will return to the beautiful campus of
Alfred University in Alfred, NY. Join Greens from across the country and
Canada coming to the 2011 Green Party Annual National Meeting, which
s being held in conjunction with Green Fest this year.

The program features more than 30 great workshops
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=3HlTqG%2FdxtARutzs5FUI8bJBM2xHbFPX> on
politics, energy,
media and ecology, four forums and great music on our solar stage.
Presenters include Elizabeth May, Canada's first elected Green Party
member of Parliament, David Korten, author of /
Corporations Will Rule the World/ and co-founder of /YES! Magazine/,
Tina Clarke from the Transition Towns Movement, David Cobb, 2004
Green nominee for President, and many others! Several Green Party
candidates and officeholders from New York and other states will attend.
And we want you to attend as well!

For a full schedule of events, click here.
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=t%2Bzz39HwVQx9Et5%2BGBx%2B4H3cHbyTQAXv>

Dorm rooms, camping and the Saxon Inn are available for lodging on
campus at reasonable cost. Swimming is available at the Foster Lake
campground this year from 11 am to 7 pm. Meals prepared from locally-grown
food will be served at the Alfred University dining hall. You may register
and reserve a camping space, dorm room or meals online at
 the New York Green Fest website
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Q0xDw%2BdKrtAjI0MraggJDX3cHbyTQAXv>.

July 28th is the deadline for reserving meals and lodging, so register today

If you need a ride, or can offer a ride, visit our ride board here.
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=ofXd26nA8ROnKrP4owsb0H3cHbyTQAXv>

Public transportation is available to Alfred by bus and to Rochester and
Buffalo by train. Bus service between New York City and Alfred is available
three times a day. For more details on anything,
check out the New York Green Fest website
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=2riTM%2B1CLhf1C%2FsBoFg3Y33cHbyTQAXv>.

We look forward to seeing you in two weeks in lovely Alfred, NY!