[GPSCC-chat] CA Delta massive fish kill is a political problem.

Wes Rolley wrolley at charter.net
Thu May 26 10:00:02 PDT 2011

I want to pass on information about CA Water and the current
environmental catastrophe that is happening in the Delta.  There are 3
things to read, and I hope that you take the time to follow each link
and read them all.  Together, they tell a story you are not likely to
get on KNBC or any other local news... which is where the story should
be told.  If I patched them all together in one note, they would be too
large to get through the list.

First, pay attention to this post by Dan Bacher, progressive activist
and the editor of the fishsniffer magazine.  Dan lays out the story
behind the massive fish kill that is now taking place.

http://blogs.alternet.org/danbacher/2011/05/24
Delta pumps kill 4.4 million splittail, 3600 salmon in one week

The second item to read is a column commenting on this situation written
by Mike Fitzgerald, the metro columnist for the Stockton Record.  He
does not normally write about environmental issues, but when he does, he
invariably hits the target.

http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110525/A_NEWS0803/105250310
Delta fish slaughter a tragedy

The final item is a press release from Restore the Delta.  It outline
just how devious a Congress Critter can be... don't be surprised that
Fitzgerald has already commented on Devin Nunez.

http://restorethedelta.org/?p=952
RESTORE THE DELTA SAYS H.R. 1837 BENEFITS WESTSIDE VALLEY WATER USERS AT
THE EXPENSE OF CALIFORNIA'S CITIZENS AND THE ENVIRONMENT

Note:  The Santa Clara Valley Water District receives a major input from
CA Delta water.