[GPSCC-chat] S.B. 1867 - Bad News

Gerry Gras gerrygras at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 27 10:50:08 PST 2011

FYI,

Gerry

P.S. I am leaving for a few hours, and don't have time
to look at the bill myself, right now.

 From Pat Gray:
There is a positively AWFUL bill being sneaked into the Senate on a fast
track.  This bill will kill any semblance we have left of democracy or
civil rights in our nation.

S.B. 1867  The National Defense Authorization Act.

This bill will allow the American military to imprison American citizens
under the "worldwide indefinite detention with out charge or trial" part
of this bill.  This bill also repeals the Posse Comitatus Act of 1878.
This was done by the Patriot Act but only by interpretation.  This act
spells it out.  This bill authorizes the U.S. military to perform law
enforcement functions on American soil.

The occupiers better be careful.  This could be another Kent State event
where demonstrators are shot dead.

Everyone MUST contact Diane Feinstein and Barbara Boxer to DEMAND that
they vote NO on this bill.

I know the Greens are gearing up to have candidates on the ballot.  I
think Greens must also make a plea to the voters not to vote for any
incumbent.   THe entire Congress is corrupt to the bone.  Check their
voting record.  1% all the way and the hell with the 99%.

If we could get people to vote after paying attention to the voting
record rather than whether there is a little d or an r after a candidate
name, maybe we could open up the two party system to include the other
parties on the ballot---like GREENS!

The two ladies I mention above both voted for the wars, the tax cuts for
the rich, the deregulation of the banks, the trillions of dollars given
to Wall St. with no strings attached as well as not even allowing Single
Payer, Medicare for all to come up for a vote.  Plus which both of these
ladies have been accused of using insider information in their stock
buying.  It is not against the law for members of Congress to do this.
Plus, they are both millionaires and vote to make things nice for their
social class---and you ain't in it.  They don't concern themselves with
the 99% which is why they both need to feel a boot on their butt.  Kick
them out!