[GPSCC-chat] Move Your Money

Brian Good snug.bug at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 28 15:46:58 PST 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Icqrx0OimSs&feature=player_embedded#!

   I finally got around to moving mine.  My account got grandathered over the
last 40 years or so as a small S&L got gobbled by American Savings which got
gobbled by Great Western Savings, which got gobbled by Washington Mutual,
which got gobbled by Chase.  Something like that.

  I got tired of all the junk mail from Chase and all the lotto nonsense (like they
were ever really going to pay for my next check!).  The last straw was when
I stopped in to order some checks.  I was on my way--no kidding!--to see
Charles Ferguson speak at Stanford, and I thought I could just fill out a form.
Nope, their client service associate sat me down for 45 minutes during which
time she tried to sell me a lot of stuff I didn't want, opened a second checking
account for me (taking away the privileges of my earlier money-market-with
checking, generating fees, generating a second minimum-balance requirement,
and no doubt making a fat commission for herself).  I was thus late for
Ferguson, and to add insult to injury, when Gerry saw me carrying my shiny
new cardboard folder from Chase he looked at me like I'd come in Condoleezza
Rice.

  I just got my new checks from the credit union.  Wow, they look just like
real checks!   So long, Too-big Fail!