[GPSCC-chat] suggestions for October 6-th action

Jim Doyle j.m.doyle at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 1 14:31:56 PDT 2011

Re requested suggestions
The Bank of America
1)  received bailout money
2)  made a huge profit
3)  paid no taxes
4)  continues foreclosures
   (for a while they stopped but have since restarted)

for more info on other actions on this topic see
http://www.usuncut.org/actions/list

the web site  http://www.usuncut.org/

also has a list of targets, i.e., those corporations that paid no taxes
in certain recent years at  http://www.usuncut.org/targets

with links to specific data, for example,

 Verizon

Hey Verizon, Can You Hear Us Now? Pay Your Taxes.

Verizon made $12 billion in profits last year, but has paid $0 in taxes
for two years now[1
<http://markets.on.nytimes.com/research/modules/company_topic/drawFiling.asp?docKey=136-000119312511049476-64HMA6FO8KIFI8F4TV2PH4MET6&docFormat=HTM&formType=10-K>].
However, they did spend $34 million on lobbying.

Well, for your plans a better example is Bank of America

 Bank of America

Bank of America is the #1 largest bank and the 5th largest corporation
in our
country, holding over $2.2 trillion in assets
<http://www.ffiec.gov/nicpubweb/nicweb/top50form.aspx>, and yet it pays
less in taxes than
the average American household. In fact, the federal government
gave Bank of America $2.3 billion
<http://www.americanconsumernews.com/2010/03/no-taxes-for-bank-of-america-nyse-bac-and-wells-fargo-nysewfc.html>
in 2009 while it made $4.4 billion in profits.

Bank of America is /Bad for America/. Despite ruining the economy with
their
reckless greed, Bank of America consistently avoids any form of
accountability
to the American taxpayer. Bank of America pockets billions in profits and
bailouts, but then pays $0 in American taxes and even gets tax refunds.

I hope this helps.

Jim Doyle
--------------
Also, here is a copy of an email from Merriam

Folks,

We are having our own action in San Jose against BofA on Thursday, Oct. 6.
I'm hoping you will want to take part in our action and not go to SF.
We will be
at the Downtown San Jose BofA at 99 S. 4th ST. (corner of San Fernando &
4th St.
/Across from MLK Library) from 4 - 6 pm handing out Spencer's tri-fold
on credit
 cards and holding signs shaming BofA for the $5 charge on using your
debit card.
See info below.

Caroline, Tian, Spencer, Fred and I will be there.

Merriam

  Stand Up To Bank of America:Demonstration & Public Outreach

*When:* 	Thursday, October 06 2011 @ 04:00 PM - - 06:00PM
*Where:* 	Bank of America
99 South 4th St.
San Jose, CA 95113
Join us to stand up to Bank of America in downtown San Jose. We will be
handing out
a tri-fold brochure on the dangers of credit cards and the credit card
pitfall banks like B of A are creating for we consumers to fall in.

This action is in support of the Occupy Wall Street campaign that is
taking place in New York. We also will be showing our support for the
Occupy D.C. campaign calling for ending the Afghanistan war and ending
the Austerity Budget against the Middleclass here at home.

This event is sponsored by Green Party of Santa Clara County