[GPSCC-chat] Fw: Why are people mad now?

Cameron L. Spitzer cls at truffula.sj.ca.us
Thu Oct 6 23:41:15 PDT 2011

Remember in a first-past-the-post "two party system" people
don't vote for a candidate, they hold their noses and
vote *against* the scary evil candidate.
It's what your intuition tells you to do.
It's what the Dems tell people to do when there's
a progressive running against them.

2008 was a vote against more Bush and we got more Bush.
Big bank bailouts and little forclosure relief, and little lending.
Mountaintop removal and deep sea and shale oil drilling and
pipelining accelerate.  New wars against Yemen and Pakistan and Libya.
That's why we're madder now than before.

-Cameron in San Jose