[GPSCC-chat] #OWS Proposal for National Assembly 7/4/12

Brian Good snug.bug at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 18 10:50:22 PDT 2011

2 delegates (one male, one female) to be elected from each congressional district to attend
a #OWS National Assembly and settle on a list of demands for Congress.

The congress elected 11/12 will be given one year to put the demands
into action.  Failure to do so
will result in a demand for mass
resignations and election of replacement congressional representatives.

Formation of a new third party is proposed as well.

(Zero tolerance for calls for violence or overthrow of the government.)

http://www.businessinsider.com/occupy-wall-street-has-plans-for-a-coordinated-national-gathering-2011-10

https://sites.google.com/site/the99percentdeclaration/home/the-steps-to-non-violent-revolution

https://sites.google.com/site/the99percentdeclaration/home

   NYC #OWS will find momentum flaggingt after Thanksgiving unless they can find shelter.  If they are
allowed to rent a gym or a theater for communal living, that would undercut in a truly revolutionary way
the system that keeps us all scrambling to survive--the one that demands that we rent inefficient and
overly-consumptive isolated living units, or live on the streets.  I have a hard time believing they will be
allowed to rent or squat in a communal place.   No efficient communal middle way is allowed.

  So when winter comes, the #OWS's center of gravity may shift to California.   And it's just possible
that the National Assembly will wind up happening in SF or LA instead of Philadelphia.