[GPSCC-chat] GNC Delegate or Alternate Seats

Jim Doyle j.m.doyle at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 27 14:03:18 PDT 2011

GREEN PARTY COUNTY CONTACTS MESSAGE

This is an announcement from the GPCA Contact List.
For more information, or questions related to the topic of the posting,
please do not hit reply.  Follow the contact directions
stated in the email.

REMINDER
<mailto:applications at cagreens.org>
/*HOW TO APPLY FOR A Green National Committee (GNC)
DELEGATE OR ALTERNATE SEAT:*

Dear Greens,

The Green Party of California is always looking for interested California
Greens to serve at the national level of the Green Party (GPUS). The only
strict requirement is that you be a registered Green in California.

We prefer those who have served in some capacity at the stateand/or county
party level and will ask for a referral from a state or county
representative,
if we're not familiar with your Green Party activity. We strongly encourage
those who self-identify as a minority, whether by region, gender,
ethnicity,
race, sexual orientation, or disability.

GPUS is in the process of computing another apportionment and the size
of the
National Committee is being decreased from 200 to 150, so we anticipate
that
our delegation size will reduce to about 25. We are able to have as many
as Alternate seats...though 15-20 is more realistic.///
/
There will be elections by the General Assembly at the GPCA Plenary in
December 3-4 currently planned for about six of those delegate seats, by
IRV,
with about twice as many alternate seats open. //We expect that//some of
the
three delegates and four alternates whose terms are up will reapply.
//According to our by-laws, we need your bios/applications two months
//before
the plenary so please send it as soon as possible or by October 3. /
/
/
/Please mail your candidate statement to //applications at cagreens.org/
<mailto:applications at cagreens.org>/

Your statement should include biographical information about positions,
experience, skills, and/or service that you have had (both within and
outside
of the Green Party), along with your vision or commitment for the position.
  (Please see statements submitted by previous candidates for examples,
here:
//http://cagreens.org/delegates/election///. /
/NEW APPLICATIONS FOR DELEGATE WILL BE POSTED WITH A
LINK FROM THAT PAGE AS WELL.

On that page you will also find links to an editable application
- application for delegate position
<//http://www.cagreens.org/delegates/election/application_gpus_delegation.rtf//

delegate job description as described by GPCA Bylaws
<//http://www.cagreens.org/delegates/election/notice_gpus_delegation_2007.php//>

Please indicate whether you are applying to be a delegate or an alternate.

It is helpful if you are familiar with the delegate and alternate duties,
guidelines, and expectations, which are listed on our state
party website
at://http://www.cagreens.org/delegates/delegate_guidelines.shtml//

Of course, please be sure to forward this message to all relevant local and
county listserves and e-mail lists!  And thanks in advance for helping
us to
maintain California's delegation to the national party!  If you have any
questions, feel free to contact me at sanda at greens.org
<mailto:sanda at greens.org>
/