[GPSCC-chat] Fukushima Never Again - San Jose, April 13 Green Party Movie night

Tian Harter tnharter at aceweb.com
Wed Apr 4 00:18:15 PDT 2012

FUKUSHIMA NEVER AGAIN

“Fukushima, Never Again” tells the story of the Fukushima nuclear plant
melt downs in northeast Japan in March of 2011 and exposes the cover-up
by TEPCO and the Japanese government. This is the first film shown in
the United States that interviews the mothers of Fukushima, nuclear
power experts and trade unionists who are fighting for justice and the
protection of the children and the people of Japan and the world. The
residents and citizens were forced to buy their own geiger counters and
radiation dosimeters in order to test their communities to find out if
they were in danger. The government said contaminated soil in children’s
school grounds was safe and then when the people found out it was
contaminated and removed the topsoil, the government and TEPCO refused
to remove it from the school grounds. It also relays how the nuclear
energy program for “peaceful atoms” was brought to Japan under the
auspices of the US military occupation. It also looks at the criminal
cover-up of the safety dangers of the plant by TEPCO and GE management,
which built the plant in Fukushima. Included is an interview with Kei
Sugaoka, the GE nuclear plant inspector from the bay area who exposed
cover-ups in the safety at the Fukushima plant and was retaliated
against by GE.

This documentary allows the voices of the people and workers to speak
out about the reality of the disaster and what this means not only for
the people of Japan but the people of the world as the US government and
nuclear industry continue to push for more new plants and government
subsidies. This film breaks the information blockade story line of the
corporate media in Japan, the US and around the world that Fukushima is
over.

--
Tian
http://tian.greens.org