[GPSCC-chat] Fwd: Meet the co-author of Cooler Smarter in San Jose

Wes Rolley wrolley at charter.net
Tue Apr 17 13:56:55 PDT 2012

Event Invitation
Meet the Co-Author of /Cooler Smarter /in San Jose

The Union of Concerned Scientists invites you to meet the co-author of
our new book, /Cooler Smarter: Practical Steps for Low-Carbon Living/,
which challenges you to lower your global warming emissions by 20
percent this year---and gives you all the information you need to
succeed. From how you heat your home, to how you get around, to what you
eat and buy---/Cooler Smarter /shows how to combat global warming in
your daily life.

Come join UCS next week for our book launch in San Jose and meet:

  * David Friedman, co-author, /Cooler Smarter: Practical Steps for
    Low-Carbon Living/, and deputy director, Clean Vehicles Program,
    Union of Concerned Scientists

*When:* Sunday, April 22, 2:00 p.m.
*Where: *The Tech Museum
<http://action.ucsusa.org/site/R?i=Ef-2nr_4Wkj19zGe8bDEYA>, 201 South
Market Street, San Jose, CA 95113

There's a $10 admission fee for this event, $5 for Tech Museum members.

*About /Cooler Smarter/*
Based on two years of research and analysis, /Cooler Smarter: Practical
Steps for Low-Carbon Living/ (May 2012, Island Press) shows you the most
effective strategies for reducing your global warming emissions, and how
to take action at work, in your community, and politically. And /Cooler
Smarter/ helps you "sweat the right stuff"---the smartest choices you
can make for the climate---with answers to dozens of questions about
your carbon emissions, such as:

  * Do books or e-readers cause more emissions?
  * Is it worth washing clothes in cold water?
  * Is buying organic cotton really a better option for the climate?

Visit our website to learn more about our new book and the /Cooler
Smarter /interactive web tool
<http://action.ucsusa.org/site/R?i=pb6_-FHi7oJ5vhh0GeFB_g>.