[GPSCC-chat] Occupy Congress! Campaign Kickoff Party Saturday, April 28th

Brian Good snug.bug at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 23 10:12:55 PDT 2012

I know almost all of these people, great people.  This party is going to be a blast.

Cindy Sheehan in person is one of the most gracious and charming people you'll ever meet.  Don't miss her!

Maria (Mar-EYE-a)  Gilardin is a very thoughtful and perceptive analyst.  She got a reputation as "Mar-eye-a
the Pariah" years ago at KPFA when she was too outspoken for some of the bigwigs.

Dr. Phillips was the director of Project Censored for many years.  Years ago he spoke to a packed room at
Fred's clubhouse about--I forget what--a shopping boycott or something.  In Q&A someone asked him about
9/11 and he delivered a brilliant 4-minute analysis of what's bogus about it and why it's important.  And I
saw the attitudes of the Peace and Justice folks change right there before my eyes.  They looked at me
differently after that.

Ken Jenkins went to Cubberly High School in Palo Alto, got a degree in Electrical Engineering,  and then got
interested in psychology.  He's a good friend of the local documentary film-maker, Dorothy Fadiman.  He's
a very bright and  perceptive guy who turned me on to the movie about Edward Bernays (the guy who invented
Public Relations) called "Century of the Self".   It's a four hour series, the first 2 hours are all you need.  It's
at archive.org.  Don't miss it!

Richard Gage is a former Reagan Republican and an architect and the founding member of Architects &
Engineers for 9/11 Truth.  He has delivered his 90-minute powerpoint in Germany, Japan, Australia, France,
Spain.  He's a hell of a nice guy--too nice sometimes.  You'll like him.

Mary Ann Thomas has been working with World Can't Wait opposing war and militarism and torture since
2005 at least.  She works for the US Treasury Department and sometimes wears a "9/11 Was an Inside Job"
T-shirt on casual Fridays.  In an earlier lifetime she was the trophy wife of the US Ambassador to Nigeria,
who demanded that she pretend she was Danish.  She has a lot of great stories and she's lively and inspiring.

Dr. Paul Rea is a retired professor of English.  He runs the Tri-City Documentary Film Series in Fremont,
which has for over 5 years been getting about 75 people on Saturdays to see movies like "Who Killed
the Electric Car" and "Iraq for Sale" and "Inside Job".  I helped with the fact-checking for Dr. Rea's
recently-published book about 9/11, "Mounting Evidence".   He doesn't always see eye-to-eye with
Carol (does anyone?) but they have always maintained a relationship of affection and mutual respect.

Vic Sadot is a folksinger from New Jersey, a great admirer (as I am) of the work of Phil Ochs.  Though
Vic and I have had some serious disagreements, he has never been anything but really really nice and
very open-minded about it.  He's a great guy.

The other musicians I don't know.   This party is going to be a gas!  Bring your friends!

Brian