[GPSCC-chat] FW: ACTION ALERT: Send an email to pass the CA DISCLOSE Act!

Brian Good snug.bug at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 19 19:55:53 PDT 2012

Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 22:51:59 -0400
From: newsletter at caclean.org
To: snug.bug at hotmail.com
Subject: ACTION ALERT:  Send an email to pass the CA DISCLOSE Act!

Email to Pass the
California DISCLOSE Act!
Your emails are crucial.  Your Assemblymember and legislative leaders need to know that voters demand they pass this real political disclosure bill!

 Email Leaders Now!

AB 1648, the California DISCLOSE Act, to be voted on by full Assembly as early as Monday!

 Great news! The bill that many people thought was killed by special interests who want to keep hiding when they pay for political ads is still alive - and will be voted on the Assembly floor as soon as tomorrow!

 AB 1648, the California DISCLOSE Act, authored by Assemblymember Julia Brownley (D-Oak Park) and sponsored by the California Clean Money Campaign, would stop special interests like Super PACS from deceiving voters about who is behind their ads by requiring all ads for ballot measures and independent expenditures to clearly show their top three funders.  No more hiding behind misleading names.

 After a continually-building groundswell of support, Speaker John Pérez, one of 49 co-authors of AB 1648, has just amended the bill from having a 2/3 vote requirement to a bill requiring only a simple majority vote to put the California DISCLOSE Act on the ballot in November 2014.

 There are now over 90,000 endorsers of the California DISCLOSE Act - and climbing fast - but the opposition from Big Money special interests is also growing.

 Please click here to send a message your Assemblymember and to legislative leaders urging them to do everything they can to pass the California DISCLOSE Act!

Email Leaders Now!
 Our letter-writing tool makes it fast and easy email a letter about AB 1648 to your own Assemblymember and to legislative leaders.  It will generate a different draft letter for you depending on whether they already have shown public support or not. And it automatically emails it for you too.  It will take just a couple of minutes to have an immediate and powerful effect:

 http://www.CAclean.org/letters

Then check out the honor roll of co-authors at the bottom of this email!

 Thank you for your commitment to Clean Money and Fair Elections.  Together, we will pass the California DISCLOSE Act as a first step towards Fair Elections and a democracy that is truly of, by, and for the people.

 Our success depends upon you, as it always has.

 -- Trent, Craig, Jo, Nancy, Robin, and the rest of the California Clean Money Campaign team

P.S. Be sure to forward this message to your friends so they can demand that their Assemblymembers vote Yes on AB 1648, too!

Co-Authors of AB 1648 Author Assemblymember Julia Brownley, Chair of Assembly Education Committee Principal Co-AuthorAssemblymember Paul Fong, Chair of Assembly Elections Committee
Assemblymember Mike Gatto, Chair of Assembly Appropriations Committe
 Co-AuthorsAssembly Speaker John Pérez
Assembly Speaker pro tem Fiona Ma
 Senator Loni Hancock
Senator Mark Leno
Senator Ted Lieu
Senator Fran Pavley
 Senator Leland Yee
 Assemblymember Luis Alejo
 Assemblymember Michael Allen
 Assemblymember Tom Ammiano
 Assemblymember Toni Atkins
 Assemblymember Jim Beall, Jr.
 Assemblymember Marty Block
 Assemblymember Bob Blumenfield
 Assemblymember Susan Bonilla
 Assemblymember Joan Buchanan
 Assemblymember Betsy Butler
 Assemblymember Nora Campos
 Assemblymember Wilmer Amina Carter
 Assemblymember Wes Chesbro
 Assemblymember Mike Davis
 Assemblymember Roger Dickinson
 Assemblymember Mike Eng
 Assemblymember Nathan Fletcher (I-San Diego)
 Assemblymember Mike Feuer
 Assemblymember Cathleen Galgiani
 Assemblymember Rich Gordon
 Assemblymember Mary Hayashi
 Assemblymember Jerry Hill
 Assemblymember Alyson Huber
 Assemblymember Ben Hueso
 Assemblymember Jared Huffman
 Assemblymember Ricardo Lara
 Assemblymember Bonnie Lowenthal
 Assemblymember Holly Mitchell
 Assemblymember Bill Monning
 Assemblymember Richard Pan
 Assemblymember Henry T. Perea
 Assemblymember V. Manuel Pérez
 Assemblymember Anthony Portantino
Assemblymember Nancy Skinner
 Assemblymember Sandré Swanson
 Assemblymember Norma Torres
 Assemblymember Bob Weickowski
 Assemblymember Das Williams
 Assemblymember Mariko Yamada

 Sponsor California Clean Money Campaign See the full list of over 300 endorsers

 Sign the Petition!

Join the California Clean Money Campaign

The California Clean Money Campaign is a non-partisan, non-profit 501(c)(3) organization whose vision is to achieve an open and accountable government that is responsive to the needs of all Californians by building statewide support for full disclosure and public funding of election campaigns.  All our support comes from individuals and non-profit foundations, with no funding from corporations or unions.

Forward email

This email was sent to snug.bug at hotmail.com by newsletter at caclean.org  |
Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe™  |  Privacy Policy.

California Clean Money Campaign | 3916 S. Sepulveda Blvd, Suite 109 | Culver City | CA | 90230