[GPSCC-chat] First Draft -- Agenda for Thursday August 25th GPSCC Monthly General Meeting

John Thielking pagesincolor at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 21 18:03:38 PDT 2012

Additional items for the agenda:

1) We need to be sure to have our monthly discussion re: Iran and Syria.

2) Also, we may need to revisit the decision about ordering 20 shirts, as the actual cost is more than originally estimated. I still have not heard from Caroline about what method she was using to screen print our previous batch of shirts, which could cut our estimated cost in half.

3) Also, we should make a motion to formally endorse the position that the US and NATO should not intervene in Syria or Iran and pass this resolution on to other Green Party groups, especially the German Greens, who were in favor of the NATO intervention in Kosovo in the 1990's.

4) We could also consider donating some money to an as yet undetermined group that would run SF Muni Ads in opposition to the Zionist hate speech against Palestinians that the MTA refuses to prevent from running because of a lawsuit in New York that ruled that the Zionist group has the right to run their ads on free speech grounds.

John Thielking