[GPSCC-chat] voter registration - agenda item

Jim Doyle j.m.doyle at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 30 11:13:33 PST 2012

 From Leland Lee's website announcing his candidacy
for Secretary of State in 2014

In September, we launched online voter registration.
Consequently, California set a new record with 18,245,970 registered
voters.

Over 1 million people used the new registration system in less than a
month,
with over 780,000 citizens added to the voter file.

Nearly 62 percent of those who registered online were under age 35 and
four out of five registered to vote for the very first time.