[GPSCC-chat] speaker for January meeting

perrysandy at aol.com perrysandy at aol.com
Sun Dec 30 19:48:26 PST 2012

I would not agree to this proposal without knowing who the person is, what groups he or she is a member of, what proposals he or she is advocating, whether he or she is a member of the Green Party, etc. What is our criteria for inviting speakers? There are about 25,000 people on CalWorks in our County, why this person?

As I said earlier, I believe our meetings should be short and energetic. That means the speakers we invite should be part of a plan to get involved in a particular campaign. If it is not about a proposed campaign I don't believe we should invite speakers. If people feel the need to get educated about CalWorks, they should go to some of the many events regularly put on by CalWorks recipients and their allies.

Sandy