[GPSCC-chat] You can blog

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Sun Feb 26 10:51:37 PST 2012

Hello, All:

       Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe anyone can become a
blogger almost instantaneously FOR FREE.

       I haven't tried it, but if you are interested, I suggest you
start by logging in to a gmail account from any web browser;  if you
don't currently have a gmail account, you can get one for free.  Once
logged in, look for "Blogger";  I just found it under "More" = the
left-most option in the black bar at the top of my gmail landing page.
(I also found it from "More" -> "Even more".)

       If you try it, please let me know how it works.  I mention this,
because I heard Merriam and perhaps others say they might like to blog.

       I'm currently starting to use "Google Sites".  I just redirected
"effectivedefense.org" (which I registered over a year ago but haven't
used yet) to "https://sites.google.com/site/effectivedefenseorg
<https://sites.google.com/site/effectivedefenseorg/>".  I'm told there
is a way to set this up so the URL that shows will still be
"effectivedefense.org" rather than the redirect
"https://sites.google.com/site/effectivedefenseorg
<https://sites.google.com/site/effectivedefenseorg/>".  However, I
haven't figured that out yet, and that's not a top priority right now.

       Enjoy,
       Spencer

--
Spencer Graves, PE, PhD