[GPSCC-chat] ENDORSE MOVE TO AMEND RALLY & FORWARD

John Thielking pagesincolor at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 7 12:14:14 PST 2012

One more little quibble and then I will shut up for today.  I just now realized that the economics of political campaigns, at least in was it (Iowa?) that we just witnessed where it is estimated that Super Pacs spent something like $200 per voter to get people to vote one way or the other, this just doesn't make economic sense anymore.  For $200 per voter, you could afford to send campaign workers paid $20 per hour from each of 10 campaigns to sit in each individual voter's living room for an hour and have a full on debate. This isn't about debates anymore.  It is about command and control.  We need to get people to use their remote controls to switch channels and get off watching Fox or ABC, etc and switch to their local Community Access tv station, which is listed on http://www.peacemovies.com/offhollywood.html  or do something simillar like at least watch some Ron Paul videos on Youtube.com or something.  Maybe even the Section 2 of MTA isn't
 really needed, if people would just wake up and spend some time researching how they want to vote based on resources other than their tvs.  Viewership of tv is way down anyway, and hardly represents the majority of voters anyway. Just a thought. We need to have a debate and a constitution that reflects 21st century realities and values, not stuff left over from what we could have had in the 19th century, if only...  I will go away now until at least Sunday afternoon, unless someone else picks up the discussion.

John Thielking