[GPSCC-chat] next Monday, Jan. 16, 6:30 - 9 PM: Wiki Workshop and Geek Pizza Party

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Wed Jan 11 20:47:14 PST 2012

       Next Monday, Henry Gage and I will facilitate a first "Wiki
Workshop and Geek Pizza Party" at the San José Peace & Justice Center,
48 S. 7th St., San José.

       Some of the real revolutionaries today are people who contribute
anonymously to Wikipedia.  Their standards for research have made them
arguably the most trusted source for information on almost anything.

       The Wikipedia article on the "Stop Online Piracy Act" received
over a million views in the month between Nov. 24 and Dec. 24.  Work to
improve the content of such a page can have a large impact.

       You don't need need to be a computer wizard or even own a
computer to help with this.  We need people who can search for
information on the web and use research computers at the San José King
Library.  We hope to create a series of workshops on this topic to help
us document what we are doing using Wikis owned by the Occupy movement
as well as contributing to "THE" Wikipedia.  Training and peer support
will be provided.

*** RSVP:   If you plan to come, could you please let me know?  It will
help me now how much pizza to buy.  (If you don't RSVP but decide at the
last minute you want to come, please come.)

       Best Wishes,
       Spencer

--
Spencer Graves, PE, PhD