[GPSCC-chat] election of county council members

Jim Doyle j.m.doyle at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 12 15:52:43 PST 2012

This can certainly be an agenda item for our January meeting.

It is from an email that I received from the Registrar of Voters office
while I was away on vacation visiting family.

Oops! It is time dated. Our county council must swing into action
if they wish to change from an election of county council members
to some other form of determining county council members.

If they do not take action the situation remains the same, i.e., we
have the Green Party voters elect our county council members.

Jim Doyle

Hello Jim,

Attached is the memo I received from the Secretary of State’s Office.
It states that now county central committees have the right to remove the
selection of central committee members from the ballot entirely and develop
an alternate method to elect your membership.

I need to know if the Green Party county council will continue to
conduct elections
in the same manner as before, which follows the Elections Code, or will
you develop
your own method and take it off of the June 5, 2012 ballot?

Please respond to me at my contact information below by January 23, 2012.

If I have not received a response by that date, our office will continue
to conduct your
elections in the same manner as we have been pursuant to Elections Code.

Thank you
Shannon Bushey
Manager, Candidate & Public Services Division
Registrar of Voters
PO Box 611360
San Jose, CA 95161-1360
408.282.3041 Office
408.998-7356 Fax
shannon.bushey at rov.sccgov.org <mailto:shannon.bushey at rov.sccgov.org>

The attachment is a 4 page pdf file with a full complement of legalese
and a sample letter for the various Registrars of Voters to use.

I can email a copy of it to anyone who wishes to read the Secretary of
State
letter sent to all California Registrars of Voters.

However, the essential statement, the action item, is in the email from our
Registrar of Voters.