[GPSCC-chat] Do-or-Die Time for CA DISCLOSE Act

Brian Good snug.bug at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 18 10:18:21 PST 2012

AB1148 is coming up for a vital vote in the Appropriations Committee Thursday.
This bill would help reduce corporate influence in our democratic processes by
requiring the funders of political ads to identify themselves in the ad.

We've already seen that when the voters know that Texas Oil, or the insurance
companies, or PG&E is behind a ballot initiative, the voters know to vote against
it.

Please sign the online petition in support of AB 1148 now.
http://www.caclean.org/petition

When you sign this online, it will generate an email to the Assembly speaker, to
the members of the Appropriations Committee, and to your local Assemblyperson.

Please call Assembly Speaker Perez's office at 916.319.2046.  Identify yourself
by name, and ask him to do everything he can to help pass AB1148.  If they
don't answer, leave a message on the machine.

Let's fight back against anonymous unlimited spending unleashed by
Citizens
              United!!

Please forward this email widely.