[GPSCC-chat] ROV request re county council elections

Jim Doyle j.m.doyle at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 20 12:05:22 PST 2012

I received a reminder call from the Registrar of Voters office yesterday.
Here is a copy of an email from the ROV that I posted roughly a week ago:

Hello Jim,

Attached is the memo I received from the Secretary of State’s Office.
It states that now county central committees have the right to remove
the selection of central committee members from the ballot entirely and
develop an alternate method to elect your membership.

I need to know if the Green Party county council will continue to conduct
elections in the same manner as before, which follows the Elections Code,
or will you develop your own method and take it off of the June 5, 2012
ballot?

Please respond to me at my contact information below by January 23, 2012.
If I have not received a response by that date, our office will continue
to conduct
your elections in the same manner as we have been pursuant to Elections
Code.

Thank you.

Shannon Bushey
Manager, Candidate & Public Services Division
Registrar of Voters
PO Box 611360
San Jose, CA 95161-1360
408.282.3041 Office
408.998-7356 Fax
shannon.bushey at rov.sccgov.org <mailto:shannon.bushey at rov.sccgov.org>

There is a simple solution. Do nothing. Then the elections for
GPSCC CC will be conducted as before.

The current County Council could make a decision and instruct
the ROV that we will conduct our elections for GOSCC CC in
a different manner if they so chose.

The email was sent to me shortly before while I was on vacation.
I posted this notice to the list about a week ago which was after
I returned from vacation.