[GPSCC-chat] Energy Efficiency works

Wes Rolley wrolley at charter.net
Mon Jan 23 13:16:19 PST 2012

I subscribe to the newsletters from Architecture 2030.  The organization
was founded by Dr. Ed Mazria, a renowned architect currently working out
of Santa Fe.  I first ran in to Mazria watching a webcast presentation
jointly spored by the Architecture Institute of America and the NY
Academy of Sciences. He shared the time with NASA's Dr. Jim Hansen.

This latest newsletter begins with good news:
> Each year, the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) publishes
> its forecast for U.S. building energy consumption. Since the 2030
> Challenge was issued, this outlook has vastly improved. *A HEALTHY
> DECLINE*
> The following graph shows the EIA's 2005, 2007, 2009 and 2011 Annual
> Energy Outlook (AEO) projections to the year 2030, clearly
> illustrating that estimates of residential and commercial building
> energy use to 2030 have been dropping dramatically since 2005 -- by
> nearly 70% -- due to considerable movement within the Building Sector
> to improve building design and efficiency.

You can read the entire newsletter here:
http://architecture2030.org/enews/news_012312.html

This is one of the most important ways to combat global warming.