[GPSCC-chat] San Jose City Council to consider CA DISCLOSE Act, Tues, arrive 1:40 PM

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Mon Jan 23 19:16:58 PST 2012

Hello, All:

       The San José City Council is set to consider tomorrow whether it
wants to endorse the California Disclose Act.  I've heard that Mayor
Reed is opposed to it, but between 4 and 7 of the 10 City Council
members are for it.  Shaunn Cartwright, Occupy San José Media Committee,
recommends we come and register to speak on the issue.  Council member
Ash Kalra, a strong supporter, suggested we arrive at 1:40 PM to be
safe;  see below.  Shaunn said she thought Mayor Reed would have killed
this in December but for the number of people who appeared to speak for
it.  Now we need people to help ensure its approval.

       Thanks,
       Spencer