[GPSCC-chat] Green Party Think Tank: Boell Brief 6-2012

Drew rainbeaufriend at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 10 16:52:33 PDT 2012

Hmmm I tried the info at boell.org and the address and the Arne.Jungjohann at us.boell.org and didn't get  bounce.  Maybe check the spelling and try again?  (Note I mispelled the name in my original e-mail - sorry for the confusion). As for the event, great question.  Here's the announcement but without place and time below.  I sent a note to Arne.Jungjohann at us.boell.org to try to find out those particulars.

Mon, 7/23/12 9 AM h
to Fri, 7/27/12 5 PM h
please contact organizer
German Internet Experts Tour Through US on Digital Rights
From July 23-27, 2012, a group of leading German policy-makers, bloggers, and internet activists will tour the U.S. to discuss digital rights. The group will meet with policy-makers, think tank experts, business representatives, and academia in bilateral meetings, roundtable discussions, and public events. Cyber security, internet freedom, digital rights, net neutrality, SOPA/PIPA/copyright, data protection, and online campaigning will be addressed among other issues.
Stops of the tour include Boston (July 23), Washington DC (July 24-25), and San Francisco/Silicon Valley (July 26-27). The tour will be organized by the Heinrich Boell Foundation, a think tank of the German Green Party based in Washington DC. The delegation includes:
•    Markus Beckedahl, founder of netzpolitik.org; chairman of Digitale Gesellschaft e.V. (Digital Society); host of Germany's largest social media conference re:publica. @netzpolitik
•    Ulf Buermeyer, judge at state court Berlin; member of the Advisory Board of Privacy International.
•    Dr. Jeanette Hofmann, research fellow at the Social Sciences Research Center Berlin; co-founder and director of the Alexander von Humboldt Institute for Internet and Society. @jehof
•    Konstantin von Notz, Member of Deutscher Bundestag, spokesperson for Home Affairs and Digital Rights. @KonstantinNotz
•    Anne Roth, blogger, journalist and internet activist. @annalist
•    Malte Spitz, Member of the Executive Committee of Alliance 90/The Greens. @maltespitz
•    Christian Stoecker, journalist, studied Cultural Sciences and holds a PhD in Psychology, editor for digital affairs of SPIEGEL ONLINE since 2011. @ChrisStoecker
•    Matthias Kolb, journalist for sueddeutsche.de, will join for the San Francisco/Silicon Valley part of the tour

For questions please contact Arne Jungjohann at Arne.Jungjohann at us.boell.org

Click below for the resolution German Greens on Digital Rights: Openness, Freedom, Participation – Using the Opportunities of the Internet – Shaping Digital Change with Green Values!

download German Greens on Digital Rights: Openness, Freedom, Participation – Using the Opportunities of the Internet – Shaping Digital Ch : http://event.boell-net.de/OrgClient/Downloads/11577.pdf

organised by Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung, Büro Washington
location please contact organizer

Drew