[GPSCC-chat] Event to Benefit the SAFE California Campaign, Fri 6/29, 7 PM, San Jos e

Valerie D. Face vdf at juno.com
Thu Jun 21 19:59:57 PDT 2012

Hi everyone,

Following is the text of an email invitation I received from California People of Faith Working Against the Death Penalty.

Best wishes,
Valerie

~*~*~*~

YOU'RE INVITED

To an Event to Benefit the SAFE California Campaign

The SAFE California Act is an initiative that will replace the death penalty with life in prison without the possibility of parole, saving our state billions of dollars and making our communities safer and stronger.  Read more about the initiative at http://www.safecalifornia.org.

Hosted by Fr. Michael Carson

Friday, June 29, 2012
Refreshments 7:00 PM
Program at 7:30 PM
At the Auditorium, Queen of Apostles Church
4911 Moorpark Ave., San Jose, CA 95129

Guest Speaker:  Reginald (Reggie) Reese

Reginald (Reggie) Reese is a Law Enforcement Justice Advocate at Death Penalty Focus.  Reggie worked for the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR) for 28 years, serving both in the Youth Authority and Adult Corrections.  Prior to his retirement, he served as Associate Warden and as Program Administrator in the Condemned and Administrative Segregation Units at San Quentin State Prison.  During his tenure, supervising those units, two inmates were executed at San Quentin.

For more information contact: Fr. Michael Carson at mcarson at dsj.org or 408-646-2772

Suggested donation: $25.00

~*~*~*~