[GPSCC-chat] [SCC-MTA-General] Citizen's United kills GMO Labeling in Connecticut

cdnbirch at aol.com cdnbirch at aol.com
Sat Jun 23 10:57:40 PDT 2012

The Supreme Court, by ignoring our founding fathers wishes, have given artificial entities, including business free speech rights. It is those rights that enable corporations to overturn our democratically enacted laws to protect real people's health and welfare.

 In Vermont the people passed a law requiring labeling for businesses using bovine growth hormones, It was overturned based on the basis of corporate free speech rights. 90% of the Americans favor labeling for GMOs. The court will overturn any law passed based on the the corporations free speech rights, which include the right not to speak.

All constitutional rights for artficial entities must go if we want to return to a democracy.

Elaine