[GPSCC-chat] UC dems dems sponsor Nader in Merced

Jim Doyle j.m.doyle at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 7 16:15:16 PST 2012

I received the following [edited for brevity] email announcing an
appearance
of Ralph Nader on Monday March 12-th in Merced.

To whom it may concern,

My name is Jaron Brandon and I'm the Public Relations officer for the
Democrats of UC Merced, a club dedicated to volunteer work,
local advocacy, and voter-registration. _I'd like to formally invite you to
attend the Ralph Nader speech on "Grass Roots Activism in the 21st Century"
 this Monday, March 12th from 6 to 9pm in our Gym._

Tickets are free for students and the public due to the generous support of
the Associated Students of UC Merced, and donations will be accepted to
help with the cost. The itinerary is:

6:00-7:00pm, Open House and Seating period
7:00-8:00pm, Speech
8:15-9:15pm, Book Signing

We feel that his speech will be great for organizations and clubs of all
kinds
as a way to inspire members and modernize volunteer efforts. He will
also be
doing a book signing for his new book "Only the Super Rich Can Save Us!"
and "Getting Steamed to Over-come Corporatism" which will be on sale at
the event. Media will be present for a press conference before and after
the
speech as well, and sponsorship opportunities are available.

We humbly request that you forward this email,
or send an invite to your membership to attend. *

As you probably realize, we are teetering on the eve of the event
and urgently need help. Please help us make this event a success.*

Sincerely,
 Jaron Brandon
1 (209) 694-5153
Public Relations Officer