[GPSCC-chat] Santa Clara Green Party Council Endorsement

Carol Brouillet cbrouillet at igc.org
Wed Mar 7 15:47:23 PST 2012

Dear County Council & Greens...

I just finished the paperwork at the Santa Clara County Voter
Registrar's office today, to be on the ballot in the upcoming
primary, running for the 18th Congressional District seat (currently
held by Anna Eshoo).  Our campaign slogan is "Occupy Congress" and
with my son helping this time as campaign manager- I actually will be
doing a campaign this year, although we will have to defeat the
Republican in the primary to get on the ballot in November.

Mike Feinstein just called and I could be endorsed on the sample
ballot by the Santa Clara County Green Council, if the Council votes
in favor and gets that info to Sanda Everette before Wednesday- so
she can pass it on to the Secretary of State.

We did gather over 600 signatures to offset the filing fee. I am most
grateful to Tian Harter for not only serving as Treasurer, but
helping to gather the most signatures (besides me) during that
effort. We did find a great talented, experienced Green Party
organizer from the East Coast, Jonathan Fluck (who organizes a Peace
Film Festival every March in New York - a nice complement to our
annual Truth Film Festival each September) to join our campaign
staff, we are looking for office space, as well as more volunteers to
help with a multitude of tasks.  We are planning a campaign kick-off
party and other events.  The website still needs work, but is much
better than before- see http://www.carol4congress.org .  I do hope
our campaign will help activate and organize many people who haven't
figured out yet how to participate in systemic change.  We are
working on a new Perception Dollar, and another especially for the
Green Party and Green Party candidates.

FYI... A story I wrote "Listening for a Change" was one of the
winners of a story contest and published in a new book- People
Building Peace
2.0
<http://www.peaceportal.org/people-building-peace-2.0;jsessionid=F74A0AF7604D41C0531E0120B67804BA>http://www.peaceportal.org/people-building-peace-2.0;jsessionid=F74A0AF7604D41C0531E0120B67804BA

  The book marks the third in
<http://www.peoplebuildingpeace.org/>GPPAC's People Building Peace
series, a collection of case studies and stories on civil society-led
peacebuilding initiatives.  The book represents a unique insight into
the peacebuilding world and contains not only the 25 winning Stories
of Peace, but also offers an interesting overview on the evolving
role of social media in the field of conflict prevention. In the
first section of People Building Peace 2.0, GPPAC's Programme Manager
of Preventive Action and Human Security William Tsuma reflects on the
role of information in crowd sourcing for conflict prevention, while
Vladimir Bratic (Assistant Professor in Media and Communication at
Hollins University) provides an overview of the evolving role of
media (from traditional, to 'new' media) in peacebuilding. The book
closes with a reflection from the jury and from GPPAC Executive
Director, Peter van Tuijl. The author of the best story, Francois
Lenfant, received the first copy of the book at the Peace Portal
Launch, which took place in The Hague (NL) on January 26th 2012.

I will also be honored at an upcoming Project Censored - Dispatches
from the Media Revolution event in Santa Rosa next week-
<http://www.projectcensored.org/top-stories/articles/dispatches-from-the-media-revolution/>http://www.projectcensored.org/top-stories/articles/dispatches-from-the-media-revolution/
and miraculously, my whole family will be here and able to join me at
the event!

Carol Brouillet