[GPSCC-chat] Request for Agenda Items for March 22nd (4th Thursday) General Meeting

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Mon Mar 12 21:09:36 PDT 2012

Hi, Warner:

       1.  I want a few minutes to discuss "rootstriker.org", which is a
grass roots initiative built around Lawrence Lessig (2011) Republic,
Lost (Twelve;  see the Wikipedia article on it).  This book says that
the "gateway" problem facing the US today is corruption in Washington.
Lessig proposes several solutions, one of which is "democracy vouchers",
which gives each taxpayer the first $50 they pay in taxes in a form that
they can spend only on political campaigns, and that only for candidates
who commit to accepting only money from "democracy vouchers" plus
individual contributions limited to $100.  I received 2 emails from
Lessig in the past 48 hours, and I anticipate working more with
"rootstriker.org".

       2.  Joseph Rosas, one of the Occupy San José group, is running as
an independent for (I think) a state assembly district.  He asked me for
support.  I'm not in his district, but I said I could probably get him a
few minutes on the agenda for March 22, but he would need to send me an
email requesting such.  I have yet to receive that email.  Bottom line:
Could you please tentatively help a few minutes, preferably at the
beginning of the meeting, if I learn that he does want to come?

       3.  I'll be meeting Wednesday with the "Refund CA Coalition",
which is trying to take more effective action against the predatory
banks.  I should have a report on that.

       Thanks,
       Spencer

On 3/12/2012 8:43 PM, WB4D23 at aol.com wrote:
> At the February GPSCC monthly meeting I volunteered to prepare a draft
> agenda for the March 22nd meeting.  Jim Doyle already has posted an
> agenda request.  Please submit your requests and describe it in enough
> detail so we will know if it is a report, discussion item, or an
> action proposal.
> Otherwise:  Will the County Council be meeting before the general meeting?
> Warner

Spencer Graves, PE, PhD
President and Chief Technology Officer
751 Emerson Ct.