[GPSCC-chat] $40,000-a-ticket Fundraiser for Obama Here

alexcathy at aol.com alexcathy at aol.com
Thu May 10 19:38:52 PDT 2012

Dear Friends,

Sometimes I have imagined myself as a newspaper columnist. In the column linked to below, Steve Lopez of the Los Angeles Timeshas written something very close to what I would like to write about the $40,000-a-ticket dinner for "The First Black President" atGeorge Clooney's mansion in the San Fernando Valley tonight.

Please. Go to my blog and leave a comment -- whether you love it or hate it orjust plain indifferent.

Alex Walker
LA Greens

= = = = = = = = = = =

Re-Posted to California Greening on the Los Angeles Times, May 10, 2012
Clooney's Obama Party Full of 'Hollywood Hypocrites'
By Steve Lopez

They say tonight's soiree for President Obama at George Clooney's house in Studio City is supposed to gross $15 million, and the operative word is "gross."
Yeah, pardon me for being such a party pooper, but isn't it a little offensive that 150 of L.A.'s high rollers would shell out $40,000 to kiss Clooney's ring and get maybe 10 seconds of face time with Obama?

Los Angeles is shutting school libraries, laying off teachers and shutting down fire houses. And VIPs are paying $40,000 for a Wolfgang Puck hors d'oeuvre and a silly photo with a president who only now has come to think it might be OK for gay people to have the same rights as straight people.
Open your eyes, Hollywood hypocrites!

Please Read the Full Text and Leave a Comment at my blog:

California Greening:
http://cagreening.blogspot.com/2012/05/la-times-steve-lopez-obamas-hollywood.html