[GPSCC-chat] Fw: Today's battle

Caroline Yacoub carolineyacoub at att.net
Sun Nov 18 12:09:15 PST 2012

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Bill McKibben - 350.org <organizers at 350.org>
To: Caroline Yacoub <carolineyacoub at att.net>
Sent: Sun, November 18, 2012 8:41:36 AM
Subject: Today's battle

Friends:
It’s been an amazing couple of weeks. I’ve been on the road with the Do the Math
tour since November 7th, and I can’t remember the last time I was so tired—or so
inspired by this movement.
One of the things I’m saying a lot on this tour: we can’t win the larger fight
one pipeline at a time. One of the other things I find myself saying a lot: join
us in Washington to pick up the fight against Keystone XL. Because this battle
over this pipeline—although alone not sufficient to counter the power of the
fossil fuel industry—is necessary.
So today I’m in Washington DC to fight this thing. After this afternoon’s Do the
Math tour stop, we’re going to get on our feet, take to the streets, and raise
our voices against KXL.
Please stand with us today, wherever you are: 350.org/pledge
Why this pipeline? Because the tar sands are unethical. Because this pipeline is
the fuse to the largest carbon bomb on the planet. Because it endangers
countless communities, from Canada to the Gulf Coast. And because this is a
fight we can win.
Keystone XL is not a done deal. President Obama alone has the power to approve
or deny the project’s permit, and a majority of Americans now think he should
prioritize clean energy and climate action. This is the purest, starkest test of
whether or not the President is serious about tackling climate change in his
second term. This is our moment to ask that he stop this pipeline with his pen.
Our movement is powerful and growing. Together, we can stop Keystone XL. Will
you join us?
Onward as ever,
Bill
P.S. Here’s a photo of the crowd in Philly last night. Isn’t that a beautiful
thing?

350.org is building a global movement to solve the climate crisis. Connect with
us on Facebook and Twitter, and sign up for email alerts. You can help power our
work by getting involved locally, sharing your story, and donating here.

To stop receiving emails from 350.org, click here.