[GPSCC-chat] agenda items

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Mon Nov 26 19:33:42 PST 2012

On 11/26/2012 4:37 PM, Jim Doyle wrote:
> As a part of the treasurer's report:   5 min
> paypal donation & $50 annual fee to SOS
>
> possible speaker - a welfare recipient   5 min
>
> AACSA fundraising fish fry December 8   announcement
> African American Community Services Agency
>
> 4 year electoral plan   10 - 15 min
>    infrastructure, candidate(s), fundraising, gotv, social media, etc.

       Drew suggested we might attract more people if our regular
monthly meetings are replaced by events that could potentially draw more
people, e.g, presentations by representatives of organizations with
Green missions and / or discussions of events from a Green perspective.
Just brainstorming:  Could we invite representatives of the Libertarian
Tea Parties, with their task being to try to areas where they might
share a common agenda with the Greens?  I'm sure they are upset about
"crony capitalism".  We would agree on that.  We might differ on
acceptable remedies and the extent to which our military budget
qualifies as crony capitalism.  However, I think it's important that we
all learn to agree to disagree agreeably -- to make politics and
political discussion the national sport in the US.  If we can do that,
we can have the best functioning democracy in the world.

       To achieve this, we need to transfer most of the current business
of our monthly meetings to committees and our County Council.  For
example, I nominate Caroline to be chair of our Tabling Committee with
the authority to do whatever she wants as long as it doesn't cost money
and ask approval of the County Council for anything that requires money.

       Comments?
       Spencer