[GPSCC-chat] agenda items

John Thielking pagesincolor at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 26 20:16:46 PST 2012

Is our goal to learn how to run a better government or to try to have a Party?  If you have been to any city council meetings, they tend to be long and tedious with agendas prepared 72 hours in advance. If you want a MLM program that attracts lots of people, talk to Donna or Darlene Wallach about Legal Shield.  They have two Parties a week in their program and the room is usually packed.  Caroline did meet some Libertarians at Jr State who wanted to go have beer and pizza with us and presumably talk politics.  We declined at the time, but there is no reason why we couldn't do this later.  I would suggest that there isn't really a practical way to get out of doing the nuts and bolts grunt work needed to hold a monthly meeting. However, there is no reason why we can't go down the path of the Legal Shield people and have more general interest events, even once per week or more. The main problems would be finding a venue and getting a critical mass
 of interest and funding.  We could start with pizza and beer with the Libertarians and see if it grows at all. We could invite Peace and Freedom too. Ideally it should evolve from going to a pizza place to having a GMO free potluck at someone's clubhouse. (I've decided to go on a strict GMO free diet --- still lots of organic and corn syrup free and GMO-soy free junk food, but no GMOs---so I won't be eating out much anymore.) I'll put that item on the agenda for our meeting.

John Thielking