[GPSCC-chat] Why you should vote Yes on Prop 37

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Thu Oct 11 18:30:03 PDT 2012

On 10/11/2012 2:45 PM, John Thielking wrote:
> Does anyone on this list or who you know have the equipment we would
> need to show this youtube video at the Peace Center sometime before
> the election?  We would need a laptop with wi fi and the cables to
> connect the laptop to the Peace Center's projector.  Thanks.

       1.  I have a laptop with wi fi.

       2.  Does the Peace Center NOT have cables with the projector? I
used a Peace Center projector at the Sept. 15 Foreclosure Summit, and it
came with cables.

       3.  I have not worked much with YouTube.  However, from my
limited experience, I've had lots of problems with YouTube videos in
real time, especially for something like this.  If you are trying to
download it and play it via wi fi in real time, I would NOT expect it to
go smoothly.  It would be best to download the video to a hard drive (or
maybe a USB drive or CD) and play it from there.  With a typical DSL
connection, it can easily take 3 hours to download the data for a 1.5
hour video, and if a user clicks the wrong thing, it can restart from
the beginning.  If you've watched it, it probably is some place on your
hard drive.  However, I have not done this myself, so I don't know the
details of how to do it.  I just know that it should be feasible unless
there is some special copyright protection in YouTube and the operating
system to prevent that.

       Spencer

> John Thielking

Spencer Graves, PE, PhD