[GPSCC-chat] Why you should vote Yes on Prop 37

Gerry Gras gerrygras at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 11 23:32:54 PDT 2012

John,
I assume from the first email that you created the video.
Is that right?

If so, did you consult with the Yes on Prop 37 campaign?
Have they seen it?  Have they approved it?

I think it's ok to show the video to us Greens, but if
you are going to invite the general public to view it,
it seems a good idea to consult with "Yes on Prop 37".
I'm not saying that they should automatically get veto
power, but it seems we should get some feedback from them.
And maybe they would like to use it!

Everyone,

the official website for the Yes on 37 campaign is
http://www.carighttoknow.org/ .

There are many events listed at
http://www.carighttoknow.org/events

Here's a map that shows where the local leaders are:
http://www.carighttoknow.org/leader_directory
There's one in or near Palo Alto.  I am emailing
my local leader to get a lawn sign.
There are others in Cupertino, Santa Clara, and
Campbell.

Here's an interesting item:

"No on 37 Forced to Pull TV Ad After Misrepresenting Stanford University"
http://www.carighttoknow.org/no_on_37_forced_to_pull_tv_ad
http://www.latimes.com/business/money/la-fi-mo-anti-proposition-37-ad-pulled-20121004,0,1204815.story

If you read one version, I suggest you read both versions.

Here's a recent press release from GPCA:
"Green Party Enthusiastically Supports Prop 37: Label GMOs!"

Gerry