[GPSCC-chat] Daniel Ellsberg: Defeat Romney

Cameron L. Spitzer cls at truffula.sj.ca.us
Fri Oct 19 08:26:01 PDT 2012

Fallacy of false assumption, one of the classical non-sequiturs.
If we didn't have an electoral college, what else would be
different?  Did we lose it because of nationwide martial law?
Did we never have it because we're still an English colony?

If we didn't have an electoral college, I would be king.
It's a true statement, but meaningless.
If <false assumption> then <any assertion> is true.