[GPSCC-chat] 9/11 Truth Film Festival 2012 & more...

Carol Brouillet cbrouillet at igc.org
Thu Sep 6 11:31:15 PDT 2012

Dear activists,

I have my hands full working on our annual 9/11
Film Festival. I'll also be going to Chicago for
the annual Monetary Reform Conference, as well as
to visit family, and will miss Jill Stein, but I
hope Jules can help with the event, all the
contact info we obtained from our organizing
efforts.  We also decided to donate the cash left
in my campaign account to Jill Stein. Hopefully
that will happen before her deadline tonight (I
think we had $283 dollars or so...)  Here's a
list of our upcoming events and a review of the
film we'll be premiering, which is quite relevant
to the world situation- a look at psychopaths.... entitled -  I Am Fishead...

Carol

1) Northern California 9/11 Truth Alliance
Meeting, Thursday,September 6, 2012 - 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm, BFUU, Berkeley
2) 9/11 Film Festival Sunday Freeway Blogging,
Sunday, September 9, 2012 - 12:00 noon, I-80
Overpass South of University in Berkeley (Addison St.)
3) 9/11 Truth Film Festival 2012 - An Exploration
of Deep Events, Tuesday, 11 September 2012 - 2:00
pm - 11:00 pm,   Grand Lake Theater, 3200 Grand Avenue, Oakland
4) Take Back Gandhi's 9/11 @ the Gandhi Statue,
Tuesday, 11 September 2012 - 6:00 pm - 7:30
pm,  Gandhi Statue, South end of the Ferry
Building on the Embarcadero at Market, San Francisco
5) Sacramento 9/11 Truth Meeting, Monday, 17
September 2012 - 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm, Perko's Cafe, 925 - 3rd Street, Sacramento
6) Northern California 9/11 Truth Alliance
Meeting, Thursday, 20 September 2012 - 6:00
pm,   Fireside Room, BFUU, 1924 Cedar Street (at Bonita Avenue), Berkeley
7) Sunday Monthly Freeway Blogging, Sunday, 30
September 2012 - 12:00 noon,  I-80 Overpass South
of University in Berkeley (Addison St.)

Please send additional events to Carol,
cbrouillet at igc.org for postings on our calendar
of events at http://www.communitycurrency.org and
<http://sf911truth.org/?page_id=19>http://sf911truth.org/?page_id=19

1) ) Northern California 9/11 Truth Alliance Meeting
Thursday, September 6, 2012 - 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Fireside Room, BFUU, 1924 Cedar Street (at Bonita Avenue), Berkeley
Our regular third Thursday Meeting. We'll be
working on plans/outreach for our upcoming film festival.
The room is part of the Berkeley Fellowship of
Unitarian Universalist complex that has held many
outstanding social justice forums. Entrance is on
Bonita, go through the gate up the stairs.
There are many buses (the 15 runs on MLKJr.) and
on Shattuck. Get off near Cedar (Bonita runs
parallel to Shattuck and MLKJr.) It is between
the North Berkeley and Downtown Berkeley BART
Stations- about a 12 to 15 minute flat easy walk from those stations.

2) Sunday 9/11 Film Festival Freeway Blogging
Sunday, September 9, 2012 - 12:00 noon
I-80 Overpass South of University in Berkeley (Addison St.)
This is a great way to get the word out to
massive numbers - and to remind yourself and
others that we are not alone. We meet on the
Berkeley pedestrian overpass and display banners
of peace, truth, justice, and accountability to
all the traffic passing underneath. We have a few
huge banners ("9/11 Truth for Peace", and "Expose
the 9/11 Cover-Up" for example), so all you need
to do is come out with your positive attitudes
and mingle with fellow activists.

3) 9/11 Truth Film Festival 2012 - An Exploration of Deep Events
Tuesday, 11 September 2012 - 2:00 pm - 11:30 pm
   Grand Lake Theater, 3200 Grand Avenue, Oakland, California
Tuesday, September 11, 2:00 PM - 11:30 PM
9/11 was the most audacious false flag of all
time, but it also fits into a long historical
pattern of what this year's film festival's
featured speaker Peter Dale Scott has termed
"deep events." Scott defines deep events as those
that are "systematically ignored or falsified in
the mainstream media and public consciousness."
At our eighth annual 9/11 Truth Film Festival we
will explore deep events related to 9/11, such as
the Oklahoma City Murrah building bombing of
1995, revealed in the new film A Noble Lie. One
of the film's producers, Chris Emery, will be joining us to introduce the film.
We will examine questions regarding the
perpetrators of tragedies such as 9/11 and
Oklahoma City in the new film Fishead, which not
only explores the roles of high functioning
psychopaths in our governmental and corporate
institutions, but also illuminates paths to solutions.
And as we have done in all our annual 9/11 film
festivals, we will feature the latest 9/11 films,
including highlights from The Toronto Hearings on
9/11 - Uncovering Ten Years of Deception, a DVD
that documents the speakers from last year's
historic event; and the most recent, shorter
version of AE 9/11 Truth's remarkable new film
9/11: Explosive Evidence - Experts Speak Out.
9/11 Truth author Mark Gaffney will be joining us
to present evidence from his new book Black 9/11
- Money, Motive, and Technology. Mark is also the
author of The 9/11 Mystery Plane - And the Vanishing of America.
Professors Peter Phillips and Mickey Huff of
Project Censored will join us again to look at
the mainstream corporate media's role in covering
up deep events and marginalizing those that work to expose them.
We are again honored to have Bonnie Faulkner host
of KPFA's Guns and Butter radio show serving as MC.
The 9/11 Truth Film Festival, which will be held
once again at the historic Grand Lake Theater in
Oakland, is being produced by the Northern
California 9/11 Truth Alliance http://www.sf911truth.org.

9/11/12 Film Festival Schedule

Start times Film / subject title Intro or speakerLength
2:00 9/11–Experts Speak Out AE 9/11 Truth 59 min

3:00 Oklahoma City - A Noble Lie 120 min
Oklahoma City Chris Emery 15 min

5:17 Judi Bari updates her case 15 min
5:33 Judi Bari case Dennis Cunningham 10 min

5:43 Edit of: The Toronto HearingsKen Jenkins (intro)66 min

6:51 (Book) Black 9/11 Mark Gaffney30 min

7:23 MLK - An Act of State (Zwicker mini doc) 6 min

7:30 Media coverups Mickey Huff 15 min

7:45 Media coverups Peter Phillips 15 min

8:00 The Secret Government (1987)Bill Moyers 12 min

8:12 Deep Events Peter Dale Scott30 min

8:44 I Am Fishead 78 min

10:03 7/7 Ripple Effect 2 (excerpts of 120 min)

(Regarding parking situation at the Grand
Lake...<http://www.renaissancerialto.com/masters/grandl~1/GLparking.htm>http://www.renaissancerialto.com/masters/grandl~1/GLparking.htm
The City of Oakland no longer provides free
parking spaces in the lot under the 580 freeway.
Portions of the lot are reserved for permit
parking until 6pm Monday - Friday. Please read
signs carefully and park accordingly.

Free spaces can also be located in the neighborhood surrounding the theater.

In the evening, metered street spaces are free
after kiosk metering ends at 6pm.

There are metered parking lots and metered street
parking all around the theater. Kiosk metered
parking spaces are in operation from 8:00 am -
6:00 pm Monday - Saturday (check parking kiosks
for details). The current rate is $2.00 per hour.

4) Take Back Gandhi's 9/11 @ the Gandhi Statue
Tuesday, 11 September 2012 - 6:00pm - 7:30pm
  Gandhi Statue, South end of the Ferry Building
on the Embarcadero at Market, San Francisco
ANNUAL GANDHI SATYAGRAHA
POEMS & PERFORMANCE FOR PEACE
PEACE FOR KEEPS
INVITES YOU TO PARTICIPATE IN A
CELEBRATION OF GANDHI DECLARING SATYAGRAHA NONVIOLENT DIRECT ACTION
9/11 is the 106th anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi
declaring Satyagraha nonviolent direct action in
South Africa to protest oppression of Indian
workers there and was the inspiration for the
Civil Rights and Anti-War Movements.
Celebrate peace, love, service, justice, passive
resistance, non-violent direct action, civil disobedience, anarchism.
Bring garlands for the statue and cushions, food and drink to share
BRING THE KIDS, GRANDKIDS,
THE WHOLE BLOCK!
Let justice roll down
like waters and righteousness
as a mighty stream.
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Contact Arnold Passman, pazmopa(at)yahoo.com
(510) 845-5481 dmndv(at)hotmail.com (415) 240-0286

5) Sacramento 9/11 Truth Meeting
Monday, 17 September 2012 - 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Perko's Cafe, 925 - 3rd Street, Sacramento
Sacramento 9/11 Truth meets on the third Monday
of each month. The meetings are open to the public.
The meeting will be held in the conference room.
(This is a new restaurant located at the old
Denny's Restaurant location where the group has
met historically for years and is located at the
corner of 3rd and "J" Streets.)
Info: David Kimball (916)372-8433
afreedmind at yahoo.com or truth.priority at gmail.com

6) Northern California 9/11 Truth Alliance Meeting
Thursday, 20 September 2012 - 6:00pm
   Fireside Room, BFUU, 1924 Cedar Street (at Bonita Avenue), Berkeley
Third Thursday regular meeting of the Northern california 9/11 Truth Alliance.
[...]

http://www.meetup.com/sftruthaction/events/80895362/

<http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2012/09/05/18721016.php>http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2012/09/05/18721016.php

Movie Review of <I Am Fishead(

Review of the movie -I Am Fishead. 80 minutes.
Released originally in New York on September 11,
2011. Produced and directed by Misha Votruba and
Vaclav Dejcmar. Premiering in Oakland, September
11, 2012 at the Grand Lake Theater, as part of the 9/11 Truth Film Festival

A highly produced, provocative film takes a look
at psychopaths, sociopaths, the financial crisis,
the rampant use of drugs to numb emotions, the
human response to positive and negative examples,
as well as authority. This engaging film is
narrated by Peter Coyote who opens the film by
describing the manner in which psychopaths seduce
their victims. The directors and producers have
experience in psychology, as well as financial
markets and know how to tell a story visually.
There are numerous interviews and illustrations
of gauging the difference between “normal people
and psychopaths” and the difficulty in
identifying them, with and without brain scanning technology.

Psychologists, authors, experts, philosophers, as
well as “men and women on the streets” offer
their understanding and their views, not merely
on psychopaths, but on the use of drugs,
anti-depressants in particular, which numb
emotions. If psychopaths are incapable of
empathy, remorse, and compassion, what happens
when a large section of the population dull their
feelings, in order for them to “carry on with
their work and lives
” In addition to the cited
“studies and research,” there is quite a bit of
speculation directed at those leaders of empires
over time who might be considered “psychopathic.”
A kaleidoscope of movie clips and historical
photos challenge and reinforce various points of
view about the stereotypical popular assumptions
about psychopaths, and the discoveries about how
some have risen to the top of pyramids of power
in the dominant modern hierarchical institutions.

Included in the film are Robert Hare, author of
Without Conscience: The Disturbing World of the
Psychopaths Among Us, and more than two hundred
chapters and scientific articles on psychopathy
;Paul Babiak, author (with Hare) of Snakes in
Suits: When Psychopaths Go to Work, and vice
president of Aftermath: Surviving Psychopathy
Foundation; professor Emeritus at Stanford,
Philip Zimbardo, author of The Lucifer Effect; as
well as Christopher Lane, Gary Greenberg, Charles
Barber, James Fowler, Nicholas Christakis, Byron
Woollen, and John Perry Barlow, whose experience
and expertise ranges from writing lyrics for the
Grateful Dead, understanding social networks, to
revealing how people are being medicated for
newly “manufactured ailments” from shyness to the
normal conflicts experienced by siblings.

Playing on the ancient saying that “A fish rots
from the head,” the film also explores how to
recognize and counter illegitimate authority. The
filmmakers are from the Czech Republic, and
included excerpts from Vaclev Havel, playwright,
poet, dissident and politician (The tenth and
last President of Czechoslovakia (1989-92) and
the first President of the Czech Republic
(1993-2003). Havel died in 2011, after the film
was released, and perhaps the most challenging
part of the film is to read the subtitles of him
speaking, otherwise the rest of the film is in
English. While Havel’s words are inspiring, he
has also been criticized for being a U. S. and
NATO pawn. The psychologists do not say that
there are a greater percentage of psychopaths
running corporations, institutions and
governments than amongst the general population.
They do emphasize how negative and positive
examples greatly influence people, beyond our
ability to see and measure. The more hopeful and
stronger message is the importance of taking a
moral stand, taking responsibility, showing
leadership and recognizing how deeply our own
behavior effects those closest to us, and ripples outward throughout society.

The film is a gift from those who created it. I
have found that great foreign films need
champions in the US to be seen and heard, and
that it really is up to those who do care, who
feel empathy, compassion and concern, to champion
information, ideas that are rarely acknowledged
in the corporate press. This film fits into the
larger theme of the annual Northern California
9/11 Truth Alliance Film Festival which looks
this year at what Berkeley Professor Peter Dale
Scott terms “deep events” those that are
“systematically ignored or falsified in the
mainstream media and public consciousness.” While the main “event” that

For more on the film and to see clips and the
trailer, please visit the website-
<http://www.fisheadmovie.com/>www.fisheadmovie.com.
There is also a Facebook page at-
<http://www.facebook.com/fisheadmovie>www.facebook.com/fisheadmovie

I Am Fishead is scheduled to premiere in Oakland
on September 11, 2012 , from 7:44 pm – 10:03 pm
at the Grand Lake Theater, 3200 Grand Avenue in
Oakland, as part of the 9/11 Truth Film Festival.
The Festival begins at 2:00 pm and concludes at
11:30 pm and includes numerous films and
speakers. It is a benefit for the Northern
California 9/11 Truth Alliance, for the full
schedule of films and speakers see the website
<http://www.sf911truth.org/>sf911truth.org.
<http://www.fisheadmovie.com/>http://www.fisheadmovie.com