[GPSCC-chat] Cheapest direct mail method

John Thielking pagesincolor at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 10 17:01:29 PDT 2012

Since there hasn't been much response to my "Work opportunity" of going door to door selling my Peacemovies.com books in January 2013, I looked into direct mail methods.

It costs 28 cents for standard rate presorted mail postage for a for profit operation, less for a nonprofit.

It costs 5.5 cents per piece for a mailing of a double sided 5.5"x8.5" coupon in the monthly mailing of the Money Mailer, where a set of 20-50 coupons are sent in one mailer.  The minimum order is 10,000 pieces ($550).  The front side of the coupon is full color while the back side of the coupon is black and red.  I don't know if you can pick and choose which addresses within San Jose that the coupons can be sent to.  The phone number for this outfit is 408-410-3541.  I asked them about my book being political and they said that they don't have any editorial guidelines.  Maybe we could use them to get the word out about Jill Stein and the Green Party?  There are many other local franchises of the Money Mailer. You can search for them on their web site www.moneymailer.com .

John Thielking