[GPSCC-chat] Fwd: HUGE OCEAN BEACH EVENT -- OCTOBER 13

Tian Harter tnharter at aceweb.com
Tue Sep 11 14:37:07 PDT 2012

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	HUGE OCEAN BEACH EVENT -- OCTOBER 13
Date: 	Tue, 11 Sep 2012 12:02:05 -0700
From: 	brad at bradnewsham.com
To: 	tnharter at aceweb.com

GINORMOUS HUMAN BANNER EVENT

Saturday, October 13, Ocean Beach, San Francisco, CA.

Please arrive in vicinity by 10:45 a.m. Helicopter overhead at noon.
Event completed by approx 12:15 p.m.

Sign up&  details: http://www.humanbannersf.com

Hello Friends,

I believe that just about every one of you will agree with me on this:

Some truths are so blindingly self-evident that the Founding Fathers
felt no need to include them in the Declaration of Independence, the
Bill of Rights, or the Constitution. Among these: â??Corporations are
NOT People.â?? â??Money is NOT Speech.â?? â??Elections are NOT
Auctions.â??

Since January 2007, thousands of people in the San Francisco Bay Area
have turned out to create a series of human banners on which I was the
key organizer. And now, on a Saturday morning just a few weeks before
Election Day, I am joining with my friends at The Other 98% plus a
growing coalition of grassroots progressive groups to attempt our most
ambitious human banner yet.

To sign up NOW: http://www.humanbannersf.com

For Other 98%: http://other98.com/

The National Park Service has issued a â??First Amendment / free
speech permitâ?? allowing up to 10,000 of us to assemble on Ocean
Beach and use our bodies to send a message to the world. The content
and exact design of our message will depend in large part on how many
of us register. The message may turn out to be one of the phrases in
bold above. It may also contain artwork. Whatever the final design, it
will denounce the corporate takeover of our democracy and will
champion the overturn of the Supreme Courtâ??s Citizens United lunacy.

Numerous media and the internet will sling our event imagery around
the world faster than you can say â??front pageâ?? or â??viral
video.â?? And if you join us at the beach, a few days later an
oversized postcard (featuring a photo taken from our rented
helicopter) will land in your mailbox.

If you can come to this fun, free, peaceful (and brief) event, please
register NOW. Knowing who is coming makes the job of an organizer --
my job! -- so much less frenzied. It helps me sort out everything
ahead of time, from the final design of the message to how many
porta-potties to order.

For a while I have been trying to figure out how to interest people in
this vital issue of our democracy being irredeemably corrupted by
corporate cash. But after talking with folks in my taxi during recent
weeks, I realize I donâ??t have to try to make people care. Almost
everyone already cares -- and quite deeply. My job, my intention here,
is simply to provide a safe and fun place for people to come together
and effectively express themselves.

If you can, please register and join us. And please share news of this
event with your circle. For more details; to see photos from past
events; and to register for Saturday, October 13, please click here:
http://www.humanbannersf.com
.

See you at the beach.

Money out. People in.

Brad

newsham at mac.com

415-305-8294

If you do not want to receive any more newsletters,
http://bradnewsham.com/lists/?p=unsubscribe&uid=b90f4e26282beac9bf8c5eaa03bd1fc2

To update your preferences and to unsubscribe visit
http://bradnewsham.com/lists/?p=preferences&uid=b90f4e26282beac9bf8c5eaa03bd1fc2

If this newsletter has been forwarded to you, and you'd like to subscribe
to this newsletter in the future please click
http://bradnewsham.com/lists/?p=subscribe