[GPSCC-chat] Fw: Agenda for Sept. meeting

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Tue Sep 25 09:39:25 PDT 2012

Hi, Carline, et al.:

       1.  The statewide Green Party email list
<gpca-votes at cagreens.org> has been working to develop statements
describing the Green party position and supportive reasoning.  I believe
these statement will be posted to the web -- but I don't know when that
will happen.  I just submitted a request for that to
<gpca-votes at cagreens.org>, and I hope to be able to report their response.

       2.  Might it be feasible to add an item to discuss
"wiki.cagreens.org"?  The position statements on the propositions have
undergone a protracted and painful process, with Michael Feinstein
holding the official draft.  Most of this work could have been avoided
if the master text had been editable at least within
<gpca-votes at cagreens.org> on Google Docs or wiki.cagreens.org.  I
believe the ideal process would be to have wiki.cagreens.org open to
all, with people invited to analyze each proposition as it is approved
for the ballot and post their observations on the Wiki.  Wikipedia has
developed very good procedures for managing conflict over issues like
this, and I think we can benefit from using their rules.

       3.  Might it be feasible to add a report on the activities of the
Committee Against Political Repression?  Homeland Security is engaged in
a witch hunt against people who engaged on peaceful assembly protesting
the Republican National Convention in Chicago 4 years ago.  In my
judgment, the government's actions in this arena continue the general
McCartyite attacks on our First Amendment rights embodied in the
National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) of last year on top of the
Effective Death Penalty and Anti-Terrorist Act of 1996, etc.

       I don't think we need more than 5 minutes for either of the
latter two of these three items, and I would hope that the first could
be included in the 15 minutes allotted to a discussion of " Putting our
proposition recommendations on our website".

       Thanks,
       Spencer

On 9/24/2012 6:07 PM, Caroline Yacoub wrote:

> --- On *Mon, 9/24/12, Caroline Yacoub /<carolineyacoub at att.net>/* wrote:
>

>     Agenda  for September 27 meeting
>     7:00-7:30  So far as I know, we don't have a speaker lined up for
>     this time, but I'm sure we would like to get together to talk
>     about the Jill Stein event. There will be snacks.
>     7:30 Meeting begins. Identify facilitator, note taker, time
>     keeper, vibes watcher and agenda preparer for next meeting.
>     7:35 Introductions and announcements. Changes to agenda.
>     7:50 Treasurer's report and hat passing. Jim Doyle
>     8:00 Ratify John Thielking as a County Councilor
>     8:10 What did everybody do to get ready for the Jill Stein event?
>     How successful was that?
>     Merriam Kathaleen et al.
>     8:30 Foreclosure Summit--Spencer et al
>     8:40 Holistic Arts Fair--Merriam
>     8:45  9-5 Regional conference Jim Doyle and Merriam
>     8:50  Putting our proposition recommendations on our website--Valerie
>          30--yes
>          31--no
>          32--no
>          33--no
>          34--yes
>          35--no position
>          36--yes
>          37--yes
>          38--no
>          39--yes
>          40--yes
>     there appears to be some dissension in the CA Green ranks about
>     the positions on the propositions, but these were ours.
>     9:05 Peace Fair. Meeting is October 4, 5:30-6:30 at the Peace and
>     Justice Center. We need somebody to go to this.
>     9:15  New literature--we have new literature about health care in
>     Spanish and Vietnamese. We will also be getting new Green Pages.
>     Would somebody like to organize this stuff?

Spencer Graves, PE, PhD
President and Chief Technology Officer
751 Emerson Ct.
San José, CA 95126