[GPSCC-chat] Jill Stein event outreach notes

Valerie D. Face vdf at juno.com
Thu Sep 27 18:57:58 PDT 2012

Hi folks,

I know there's supposed to be a discussion tonight of the Jill Stein event, perhaps including what outreach did and didn't work.  I won't be able to make it to the meeting, but here's some info on the outreach I did -- grist for the mill.

Posted the announcement on the following websites:
    Bay Area Events - http://www.bayareaevents.com
    Indy Bay - http://www.indybay.org
    Patch.com - http://patch.com
    Political Events Calendar - http://PoliticalEventsCalendar.org
    SanJose.com - http://www.sanjose.com
    Yahoo - http://upcoming.yahoo.com
    Yelp - http://www.yelp.com
    Zvents - http://www.zvents.com

Sent the announcement to the following Green Party email lists @cagreens.org:
    sosfbay-discuss
    sosfbay-news
    gpsmc-d
    gpca-forum
    cal-forum

Phone & email outreach to registered Greens in zip codes 95014, 95050, 95051, 95053, 95054, 95117, 95128, 95129 and 95130 (all of Cupertino and Santa Clara, parts of western San Jose; phone calls were to area code 408 only):
   Total actually got some kind of message: 252 ***
   Total Greens I tried to reach via phone and/or email: 358
   Total Greens in those zip codes overall: 611

There are many ways you can slice and dice my notes, and I don't want to overwhelm folks with detail, but here's some.

Methods I used to reach Greens:
    A - Tried email only: 67 (3 bad email addresses)
    B - Tried phone only: 285 (103 unreachable)
        65 permanently unreachable (disconnected, wrong number, etc.)
        37 temporarily unreachable (line busy, no answer, etc.)
    C - Tried email & phone: 6

So, attempted = 358
assumed reached (live or via a message) = 252 ***
not reached = 106

Before I tried to reach anyone I went through my notes from previous outreach to some of these zip codes and flagged the email addresses and phone numbers that I already knew to be bad.  I did not try to reach those folks.  We should be aware that although the list we have is from May 30, it still contains some old bad info.  We can save ourselves some frustration by keeping good notes on bad data.

On another note, I made an audio recording of the event and have been working on transcribing it.  I did a rough draft yesterday, and tomorrow I expect to finish cleaning it up.  I'll send it out when it's finished.  (I didn't want to promise this ahead of time because I didn't know how well my recorder would work.  It got most of what Jill said, but most of the questions were hard or impossible to decipher.  Fortunately, she repeated the essence of most of the questions before answering them.)

Best wishes,
Valerie

~*~*~*~
Jill Stein for President -- A Green New Deal for America
Campaign website:  http://www.jillstein.org/
 Upcoming events:  http://www.jillstein.org/events
     First TV ad:  http://youtu.be/vaObRxkX8K4