[GPSCC-chat] War Crimes

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Sat Sep 29 12:07:22 PDT 2012

Hello, Brian, et al.:

       Thanks, Brian, for this.  If enough of the humans calling hear
things like this, they might begin to work for positive change.

       I will outline here my plan for dealing with this, in the hopes
that you or others would like to volunteer to help:

1.  BACKGROUND:

             1.1.  The earliest, most obvious event in US history
similar to what you describe was when President Washington sent US tax
money to plantation owners in Haiti to help them suppress a slave
rebellion during the French revolution.  I do not criticize Washington:
There were slaves in all 13 original states at that time, and the union
might not have survived if he had done anything different.  More
generally, the primary constituency for foreign policy in any nation are
people who have routine business interests elsewhere.   These people
want, and have routinely received, US support for state terror from
virtually every administration in US history.  The only restraint on
that is the need to invent an acceptable myth to support that.  From
1946 to 1991, this policy was packaged under the rubric of the Cold War.
Since 2001, it has been packaged as a "War on Terror".  However, it is
essentially the same policy followed by President Washington in sending
US tax money to plantation owners in Haiti in the 1790s.  It's time we
grow up.

             1.2.  The consolidation in ownership of the media in the
1980s and 1990s led to massive reductions in investigative journalism.
This has contributed to runaway inflation in in the cost of getting
elected to high public office, funded by runaway inflation in crony
capitalism / welfare for the wealthy.  A partial analysis of this
appears under "The Crisis in US Politics & Economics" at
occupy.pbworks.com (http://occupy.pbworks.com/w/page/47721637/FrontPage).

2.  EFFECTIVE DEFENSE AND U S FOREIGN POLICY

              2.1.  I believe the weight of the available evidence
indicates that the US has no substantive enemies on the international
stage other than ones we have earned by supporting state terror in
opposition to liberty and justice for all.

             2.2.  I founded "effectivedefense.org" to try to organize
in one place the best and most conservative evidence supporting this
claim.  One idea is to create a table on the web of all the members of
the United Nations with a brief summary of what is well documented about
previous US intervention in their internal affairs and their potential
impacts for good or bad with links to what experts across the political
spectrum have to say about it.  I believe we can show that the US has no
substantive enemies on the international stage, we can get more traction
with talking about the fraudulent nature of the war on terror.

       Comments?
       Best Wishes,
       Spencer

On 9/29/2012 11:28 AM, Brian Good wrote:

> A Democratic fund raiser phoned yesterday.  I said, "Whoopee! The War
> Crimes
> Party!"
>
> He said "What what war crimes?"
>
> I said "Bombing countries with which we are not at war and which pose
> no military
> threat to us and killing noncombatants are war crimes under the Nuremberg
> Principles."
>
> He said, "Well, all presidents do that."
>
> That is the "New Normal" that Obama has created.  I am not
> particularly angry at
> Obama.  I never had any illusions that he would be anything other than
> the
> murdering, lying, criminal scumbag that he is.  I am angry at his
> hypocritical
> supporters who rationalize away his crimes and pretend they don't exist.
>
> All these years in the 9/11 Truth movement I have argued that we must
> avoid
> indulging in self-defeating self-expression and seek to maximize
> political effectiveness
> in the mainstream.  I am now so disgusted that I've lost interest in
> the mainstream
> and effectiveness.  I just want to express my rage at those who go
> along with the
> program of government by men not laws, and of the end of simple human
> decency--a program that may have started in a haze of Mad Cowboy
> lunacy but
> which Obama is in cold blood cementing into national culture.
>
> The man should be in the jailhouse, not in the White House.

Spencer Graves, PE, PhD
President and Chief Technology Officer
751 Emerson Ct.
San José, CA 95126