[GPSCC-chat] Locals [was agenda items for april meeting;]

WB4D23 at aol.com WB4D23 at aol.com
Sun Apr 14 19:44:48 PDT 2013

April 14, 2013

Our GPSCC Bylaws provide for locals.  Initially (1992)  the GPSCC had
locals, but after the initial excitement of the initial petition  drive,
participation shrunk so that locals could not be sustained.  When I  joined the
GPSCC in Fall 1994, meetings were hardly attended (3-4 people; you  know who you
were).  If find the suggestion to organize locals lacking a  realistic
assessment of where the GPSCC is organizationally.  Beyond that  (as agenda
preparer for the April meeting) I find the lack of a clear and  detailed
proposal an indication of our collective amateurism and a symptom of  the
limitations of our all-volunteer mode of operation.  Additionally, I  find the idea
of "cultivating" from other organizations something that those  groups
probablyu would not want doen to them and that we wouild not want done to  us.
Warner

In a message dated 3/29/2013 3:40:51 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,