[GPSCC-chat] Meet the Green Shadow Cabinet--including one of our own.

Drew rainbeaufriend at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 25 11:54:36 PDT 2013

More power to all the individual Greens that work behind the scenes to accomplish so much of value!  Please also though let's be more forthcoming about our Green affiliation.  Loud, Proud and Green!

Green is GO!

Drew

~*~*~*~
Jill Stein for President -- A Green New Deal for America
Campaign website:  http://www.jillstein.org/
Climate Voter Power Pledge: http://www.jillstein.org/dc_climate_protests
     First TV Ad http://tinyurl.com/JillStein1stAd

>________________________________

    such as Wikepedia and Wikinews.  To do that we must comply with
    their "neutral point of view" standards.  I believe that writing for
    Wikipedia and Wikinews is one of the highest leverage activities I
    can engage in.  (My Wikipedia name is DavidMCEddy.  This gives me a
    certain anonymity, which I breach by mentioning that name in places
    like this.)

>      I spent maybe half my work hours last week improving Wikipedia
    articles relating to the Consumer Price Index because it's a current
    political football, and a friend (Pablo Ghenis) suggested that
    better information about the "chained CPI" and the "CPI for the
    elderly" could help move the debate in a direction I believe is more
    sensible.

>      Last Saturday, Lawrence Lessig noted that Aaron Schwartz spent
    a year contacting all the individuals and groups he could find who
    might be willing to oppose SOPA and PIPA.  Part of that work led to
    the creation of Wikipedia articles on SOPA and PIPA that got a
    million views between Thanksgiving and Christmas, 2011.  Without
    Aaron's incredible effort and the Wikipedia articles, the other
    things that happened that swung the debate might not have occurred,
    and those bills might have become law.  Sometimes one person can
    make a major difference.

>      Spencer
>

>>Loud, Proud and Green!
>>
>>Drew
>>

>>~*~*~*~
>>Jill Stein for President -- A Green New Deal for America
>>Campaign website:  http://www.jillstein.org/
>>Climate Voter Power Pledge: http://www.jillstein.org/dc_climate_protests
>>    First TV Ad http://tinyurl.com/JillStein1stAd
>>

>>>________________________________

                        others improve Wikipedia and write for
                        Wikinews.  Last week, I passed 1,000 edits in
                        Wikimedia projects.  This included 2 stories in
                        Wikinews plus a third that I abandoned, because
                        I could not find the time to respond to all the
                        reviewers' comments while the story was still
                        news.  Activities like these could increase
                        substantially the impact of Green Party ideas.
                        When we do this without mentioning the Green
                        Party, we pull the mainstream closer to our
                        positions.

>>>      Some people get paid full time to try to
                        modify Wikipedia to conform to the propaganda of
                        the ultra-right.  We need more people like us
                        demanding that these ideologues write from a
                        neutral point of view citing serious sources or
                        be banned from further edits.

>>>      Spencer

                                  Perry is a member.

                                  Possible: Meet the Green Shadow
                                  Cabinet

                                        -0500

                                        Honkala, the 2012 Green Party
                                        presidential and
                                        vice-presidential nominees, have
                                        marked the beginning of Earth
                                        Week by announcing a new Green Shadow Cabinet that will serve as an independent voice in U.S. politics, putting the needs of people and protection of the planet ahead of profits for big corporations. The Cabinet will operate in the tradition of shadow cabinets in other countries, such as the United Kingdom and Mexico, responding to actions of the government in office, and demonstrating that another government is possible.

                                        is viewable at www.GreenShadowCabinet.US, includes nearly 100 prominent scientists, community and labor leaders, physicians, cultural workers, veterans, and more, and will provide an ongoing opposition and alternative voice to the dysfunctional government in Washington D.C..

                                        six federal branches: Democracy,
                                        Economy, Ecology, Foreign
                                        Affairs, General Welfare, and
                                        Justice. Topics include the
                                        economy, environment and climate
                                        change, health and general
                                        welfare, democratization, rights
                                        of workers, wages and labor,
                                        community power, closing
                                        military bases, ending wars for
                                        resources and restoring the rule
                                        of law. Among the top priorities
                                        will be advocating for full
                                        employment through aGreen New Deal and confronting climate change and the ecological crisis through a program of creating a carbon-free and nuclear free energy economy.

                                        Green Shadow Cabinet, twenty
                                        members of the Cabinet have
                                        issued public statements for
                                        Earth Week. These are available
                                        for republication at http://greenshadowcabinet.us/statements

                                        includes not only scientists and
                                        leaders of social change
                                        organizations, but also artists
                                        and writers. The talented
                                        comedian Lee Camp offers this
                                        video "statement" on the need
                                        for the Cabinet: http://youtu.be/m3zNyEIR-Ww

                                        Green Shadow Cabinet, and get
                                        them to sign up for news at http://greenshadowcabinet.us/subscribe-our-newsletter

                                        this Cabinet moving - send a
                                        donation made out to Green
                                        Shadow Cabinet, Attention: Ben
                                        Manski, PO Box 260217, Madison,
                                        WI 53726-0217

                                        others in the media to contact the Green Shadow Cabinet to schedule interviews and to publish articles.

                                        and months to come. Thank you.

>--
Spencer Graves, PE, PhD
President and Chief Technology Officer